Steelseries arctis pro wireless?

I did bring up the custom one pro plus to him as I personally find it really good. Never tried studio. Agreed on the mmx… You mentioned the Studio? I thought the copp was generally better if not similar?

They are rather similar, but the studio has a signature closer to the 770 250 ohm which is actually pretty good, doesn’t have exactly as good of technicalities but is a good alternative if you wanted something a bit more accurate than the copp. The studio vs the copp are on the same tier imo, so both are pretty solid, and if there isn’t a copp available there might be a chance the studio would be aval

hmm, that’s actually good news I got a friend bout to buy some of those beyers I will let him know about the studio. Thank you for the insight… Sorry I yanked ya over here lol I just trust your opinion as you are very knowledgeable.

hi ive been trying to follow all of this and i just wondered what the beyer copp is? also i could probably get the tygr but im not sure how it would work if they developed a fault as im not aware of any bayer stores in the uk. Also depending on how much an amp is i could maybe stretch to say 770s a cheap amp (idk if this is possible) if this would be worth the extra cash and a mic like the mod mic. Thanks again guys!

Beyerdynamic Custom one pro plus its another headphone from beyer but comes with a mic and is fully adaptable… capable of being a closed back, open back, bass boost, and the mic is pretty decent.

Sorry about that, the copp is the custom one pro plus from beyerdynamic. The tygr is pretty sweet, and seem pretty reliable as most beyers, but I haven’t had mine for that long so I can’t really say. I have had my 880 600 ohm for over 15 years or something now though. So how much could you spend on an amp if you wanted to go 770 250 ohm?

When you say the custom one pro plus do you mean the custom game as this is the one with a mic. If so this is sold out on beyer and amazon. Also a small problem is that antlion mod mics are out of stock on amazon so id have to wait or find an altenative for this. With both of those it would bring the price to around £150 i believe which would leave about £50 for an amp. The mmx 300s are around £200 including postage to uk from the beyer website so i dont know if paying for an amp would be worth it or if i should just go for 32 ohm 770s with a mod mic. Im not sure on the difference between 32 and 250 and whether a £50 amp would cut it.

The custom one pro plus also has a mic and is different than the game one, looking on amazon uk I don’t see a game one, but I do see a pro plus in white for 150 ish pounds. For 200 the mmx 300 is a pretty decent deal, and imo pretty solid as you wouldn’t need an amp, and already has a decent built in mic, so that might be the play here imo.

ok thanks. From what i see you have to get the copp and the microphone extension separately which adds another £50 so i might as well get the mmx300s at that point. Do you not think that the 770 32 ohm is any good?

The new copp come with a mic iirc, so I think you would be good.

Personally no, I think the signature is peaky and sloppy, and it lacks in technicalities

i dont see anything about it and they are “frequently bought together” might just go for mmx300

Gotcha, yeah the us amazon listing says that, but better safe than sorry, the mmx300 is solid imo and wouldn’t really do you wrong

thanks for everyones help!!! : )

it does indeed come with a mic if it comes with the full package. read the 4th dot there on your picture. "The headset cable supplied with a hands free microphone - - -

well i bought the mmx300 and i could always return it and get the copp if needed : )

After you sit with it for a couple days chime back in let us know your results!

I don’t mean to hijack the OPs thread, but since I am new here and can’t start posts yet, I thought I would ask some questions. OP was initially interested in the SS Arctis Pro Wireless and/or Pro+ GameDAC and it went from there. I’m in a different boat, although I’m looking into alternatives. Several years ago, I watched Z’s review and still do on occasion, and I decided to pick up a DT 1990 Pro with a Schiit Jotunheim for both music and games. Great, but $ investment, that has lasted me all this time for RPG, RTS, TBS, as well as music. Total bliss. However my kids are now playing Fortnite and other MP games and I would like to team up with them. I was a competitive FPS player back in the day, but I soon phased out of the MP scene. So now that I am back, I am finding my current setup may not be optimal. I can hear footsteps and hums of the treasure chests in Fortnite, but it’s often difficult to discern if it’s coming from above or below. When I switch to my prior headset, Sennheiser PC373D, I can get all directional sound feedback and they are semi-open. I feel the DT 1990 PROs might be too wide a sound stage. I do have the balanced pads on. Also, I need a mic. I’ve gone back and forth on whether I should get a Modmic or Blue Yeti, or just get a dedicated, but good headset. The SS series has been iffy in some circles, but the recommendation on the Pro+ GameDac is promising. The Mobius looks interesting, but as Z has mentioned it’s like they stuffed too much tech in a China-made plastic Audeze. I’ve looked at the cheaper version of it, the HyperX Orbit non S… Another consideration is that I could go with MMX300 Gen 2s. Z gave those a great review. I really don’t have a limit, but I’d still like to utilize my Jotunheim, if possible. Any advice on these or other options? Been reading for awhile, but only now felt to post. Thanks,

No worries, thanks for chiming in. Hopefully I can be of help as a fellow competitive gamer.

Modmic for convenience and cheaper pricing these do work incredibly well, blue yeti only if you actually have a quiet room, xlr boom dynamic mic if you can afford it since it cuts out background noise the best, samsun q2u is still a great option for a hybrid xlr/usb mic. The dt 1990s completely out perform the Steel series in almost every single category. Personally I would first try the analytical pad option as that fixed this issue for me personally as far as being able to pin point sounds. Analyticals are designed for better accuracy and pin pointing of sounds balanced pads are generally for more casual use. Your current headphone is better than the ones you provided in a great many ways. If the analytical pads do not fix this issue you will need something like a DT 990, 6xx, or other alternative with a more treble forward signature to it. That’s not the say orbit or steel series are bad… they are good for what they do. just you already own better. Keep in mind that if you are on pc you can also make use of a equalizer that helps bring sounds like these more forward… I use peace apo its a free equalizer that requires two downloads to work and configure it to your current headphone or dac whichever you are using. There are others out there… one of the things about the steel series and orbit that made them good for competitive fps was the fact they could use a form of “recon mode” that some amp/dacs will have on them. this is a eq setting that places higher emphasis on lows and highs which will prioritize sounds of explosions, footsteps, breathing, gunshots, and the like, in orbits case its called “footsteps”. Sound seperation imaging and sound stage also play a very important factor here however the 1990 is great for all of these factors. Equalizers will also allow you to set a more 7.1 sound. If you feel you need alternatives to that look into Hesuvi and Dolby Atmos which can provide a more 7.1 surround sound to your headphone they do work and in some general cases it can help you pinpoint the targets. Most “gaming” headsets will not perform the way your current headphone does… they dont have that capacity… there is a select few that can sorta perform very well but even they have drawbacks to some extent… Beyer Custom One pro plus, beyer mmx300, and beyer tyger, hyperx orbit thanks to its footsteps eq and planar seperation, steel series only because of its eq settings and innate surround sound feature, astro a40 with mixamp this is only because of that amp and they are open backs, and a few others.

Thanks for the reply. Lots of good info. I knew I bought the DT 1990s for a reason! But couldn’t understand why I couldn’t hear hums and footsteps better than my PC373Ds. So I can use an xlr mic for my Jotunheim? Wow, guess I overlooked that. Good to know I won’t have a separate USB cable going to the front or back of my case. I’ll try the eq you mentioned and Dolby Atmos. So basically I have what I need except a mic, correct? I’ll look into those xlr mics for sure tonight. Many thanks!

For an xlr mic you would want an audio interface sorry for the confusion. You can pick one of those up seperate and some are fairly cheap. Right now with the state of the economies and everything being closed getting an audio interface cheap could pose a bit of a challenge as I would normally recommend a behringer um2 audio interface for your generic cheap go to interface (these are normally like $30-$40) but finding those and others is tough since the prices are hiked right now. Others here would know more on that particular setup. Outside of the microphone and possibly an interface yea. You should have everything you need already. You could, for example, use one of those keyboards with a usb port on them for some microphones so it won’t go to your computer these are called “usb passthroughs” kinda cleans up the clutter. Otherwise IIRC the modmic uni can connect to the console controllers instead of usb and the modmic wireless is a usb dongle so those are options. Audio interface um2 https://www.adorama.com/beum2.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2PyW1c606QIVh7zACh1YOAe5EAYYAiABEgJ2A_D_BwE&utm_source=adl-gbase works fine not the greatest will work for the lower ended microphones… if you want over $150 microphones though you will want a better interface. May find this audio interface cheaper elsewhere and will require some research. The UM2 does it’s job its nothing spectacular and is solely for use to a cheaper budget xlr microphone setup. You may find more information on microphones from my old subject I had created Microphone advice? which is where I first began looking into usb/xlr/modmic etc Feel free to chime in on that post or find other posts like that on the forums here if you wish to learn more… If the others see it I am sure they can be much more help than I can when it comes to microphones of the XLR category