Tanchjim Impressions Thread

Well it’s an amazing Clean sounding IEM for sure. Definitely worth a try

1 Like

At $80, 4U is definitely a good option.

Zeos too is praising it, although he praises most of the stuff ! Hehe

TANCHJIM has just released the 4U , it’s under 100usd offering for a single DD…actually to be more precise its under 70usd!!!

It uses the latest DMT4 series driver , a PU and LCP diaphragm affair , put into a beautiful metal shell that brings as a party trick a 4 way adjustable “knob” style switch.
It’s function is to affect Bass levels, taking it from a boosted over neutral of around 8db , to a rolled off under neutral of around 8db.

Said switch has a mini screwdriver included with the acessories that allows it’s adjustment.

But what about the sound, you ask? Well to put it straight and simple, Highly Competent!
Let me elaborate, the 4U in the 0 setting ( most bass ) gives us what I like to call as very well balanced OMT sound ( organic musical technical )
It’s organic because it sounds real, not coloured in a manner which can make it lack realism.
It’s musical because said organic presentation , makes it versatile with multiple genres, providing fatigue free listening.
It’s technical because the balance struck between the previous two qualities still allows for excellent soundstage, imaging, resolution and above all timbre and tonality.

So does this make the 4U the new reference at its price? Yes and No
The segment is flooded with multiple earphones and the competence level of some of them is on equal terms with the 4U.
This means the 4U is a solid option , joining other great market precenses such as the Simgot EA500LM and Kefine Delci.

5 Likes

I hope Tanchjim release a DSP version with a mic and Type-C for the 4U. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

1 Like

Is this an information that a DSP one is incoming haha. It would be great for people who use smartphones for their music needs. I am more of a DAP guy, so 3.5mm/4.4mm is perfect for me.

1 Like

I do tried the IEM with some DSP module, it’s the best Idea according to me. A little more treble refinement and it will be done and dusted. (If the module is not noisy)

I’m doubtful that they will but it’s an excellent idea to release 4U with a DSP cable with notable improvements in SQ. It would however not be suitable for those who have amps and DACs. But given the price point of $80, it would definitely make a lot of difference to those use who just want a plug and play option.

2 Likes

You know I am noticing a upward trend in Beginners due to DSP. Now those who are new to hobby is preferring this convenience a lot

i bought my friend his first iem. he has an iPhone 15 and he was stuck on getting a type c iem. he was not ready to use any dongle solutions. so we settled on tanchjim one. Absolutely beautiful sounding iem. i have no complaints for the price. buuuuuutttt, the app is just bad. very bad.

yes, ease of use is top priority for non audiophiles. we are the only ones who loves pain. :joy:

Well a DSP could be interesting as long as it works properly when it comes to the app.
It should not have issues with crashes.
Also if they truly want to stand out then I have a better idea… message me please and I will share with you.

Absolutely. It is definitely a great option for those who are new to the hobby but for folks who already have a lot invested in good sources, not so much.

100% recently I reviewed Intuaura Splendor 2 Soprano, which I played 90% of the time with DSP module. Even though the resolution is not that great.

Does anyone have a link to the official Tanchjim app? Also, does it work with iOS?

Couldn’t find any Tanchjim app for iOS.

1 Like

Will be posting a review for 4U soon but here are my thoughts:

These are my impressions considering that 4U is a $80 IEM.

The Tanchjim 4U IEM is a an excellent example of Cheap IEMs are getting good and good IEMs are getting cheap, delivering detailed and engaging listening experience. It boasts impressive sub-bass extension and a punchy, tight mid-bass that maintains clarity. The lower midrange is slightly warm and full-bodied, enhancing male vocals and instruments, while the upper midrange provides good articulation for female vocals and higher-pitched instruments. The lower treble is crisp and energetic without causing fatigue, and the upper treble extends well, adding air and openness to the soundstage. However, some might find the upper treble a bit pronounced, potentially leading to fatigue over extended listening periods. Additionally, while the soundstage is wide and immersive, it may not match the depth found in some higher-end IEMs.

The soundstage itself is wide, with decent imaging and excellent instrument separation. Technically, the 4U excels in transient response, resolution, and handling complex passages with clarity. Its natural and lifelike tone and timbre, along with a hint of warmth, make it suitable for various genres. While the 4U is positioned at a lower price point, it does require a high-quality source to reach its full potential

4 Likes

There is an app available in the App Store, but it’s developed by a company I’m not familiar with. I’m not sure if it’s the official one. I had the original app on Android, but now I can’t find it.

1 Like

https://tanchjim.com/en/services/

That is where I went to get it. The page has QR codes for both iOS and Android.

2 Likes

My initial impressions of this iem isn’t great, sounded dry and boring, need to play around with the tuning