šŸ”¶ TANCHJIM Oxygen

I hope mine will not sound like this demo or i will need some O2 . I was listening and telling my self donā€™t worry its just a demo :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Donā€™t let me near a pair of the IE300s, or Iā€™m likely to smash them with a hammer. Where is the midrange? They remind me of the westone 3 I used to listen to. Why do companies tune like this?

1 Like

Right??!!
I also find the N3 pretty underwhelming tbh
The TRN sounded pretty on some songs

1 Like

Please let us know if yours sound like the demo :pray:

2 Likes

Yep. However, if I hone in on nothing but the imaging capabilities of each set, the Oxygen seems most capable in that regard, which is in line with what Iā€™ve heard about Tanchjim IEMs.

Really decent technically but subpar tunings.

1 Like

So that you may turn up the volume to obscene levels without 2-5kHz screeching your face off.

Provided the upper trouble isnā€™t too peaky, it can be quite pleasurable for some genres.

Most audiophiles in the east look for a vocal centric sound above all, tunings that will expose and highlight the emotion and intent of the performer. These tunings can become raw-sounding at high volume or with very busy music.

2 Likes

Anyone have oxygen and dunu zen? I would love a bit of feedback/comparison on the two.

1 Like

Exactly what I needed! For me, the O2 isnā€™t worth it when I own the Zen.

My wallet thanks you!

2 Likes

I say that depending on your library. The oxygen can be better. (classic for example)

I understand. Itā€™s the coming across as shouty that gets me. The zen already crosses that line in my library. I am thinking the oxygen will rip my ears apart.

I am excited to try the Zen pro because it reduces that a bit.

I have both the Zen and the Oxygen. Overall I prefer the O2. The Zen has a harder hitting bass and bit more over all detail but the O2 has much better imaging, soundstage, tuning, and layering. The O2 doesnā€™t need EQ like the Zen does but it gets much better with a little EQ. The O2 may need longer ear tips to make them comfortable. Only the AZLA SednaEarfitLight tips works for me.

1 Like

@LANDWALKER000 I have one question based on the graphs. I am sensitive to energy in the 1-4k region. The Zen, is already shouty in vocals particularly for me there. Would you say the O2 has more energy there (and thus, likely even more shouty to me?)

I do not EQ for listening. I only EQ to experiment and find out what the problem is. And then I either choose to live with said problem, or not.

The O2 isnā€™t as shouty but if you have issues then you should get a DAP or DAC/AMP that allows for EQ. Most phones have a systemwide EQ and many Fiio products and products like theirā€™s, have EQ as well.

I have the Qudelix. I donā€™t EQ because the second I touch EQ it wraps the FR in plastic to me on most headphones. Best I can describe it. Drives me crazy. A simple bass shelf or simple cut somewhere in the FR is sometimes ok.

The lack of shouty for you is interesting given the graphs. The O2 is much higher throughout the 1-4k range vs the zen. :man_shrugging: Could be that the bass is boosted enough to compensate I guess.

That honestly depends on whoā€™s graphs you are using. I just stick to Crin and his measurements. I also like his ideal tuning but with a bass boost under 100 Hz.

Hmmm. True. Crinā€™s oxygen and zen graphs do look different than others. Interesting.

Well, maybe I will try the O2 at some point. Some other stuff first though.

The Zen shoutier than the Oxygen. The Oxygen has a lot more upper-treble though, thats where it can sometimes be a bit too much for me.

1 Like

Ok, I misunderstood your comparison then. I donā€™t think upper treble bothers me. Just 1-4k.

So O2 is back on the list. Thanks @Rikudou_Goku and @LANDWALKER000.

If you can handle the Zen, the Oxygen shouldnt be a problem in that area.

1 Like