Tekton Double Impact

Looking for some floorstanders and these two are standing out atm.

Tekton Double Impact SE

SA legend 40.2 silverback

Having a hard time trying to decide betwen passive and active. SA uses the same tech as Buchardt’s active speakers.

Haven’t heard the Silverback series but a friend of mine selected System Audio speakers years ago and still today, they are good speakers.
Think it was from the older SAXO 50 series? We tested many speakers during a two week speakers hunt and those SA’s where very impressive. They had the small drivers but the sound quality and spectrum balance was the best of what we tested in the budget range he had. (found a tiny tiny mark on back side of the speaker with spot light and he got like 200$ extra discount, so it was spot on :innocent:)
Also the room is pretty small so the slimmer SA’s where spot on. He still own’s them today.

Have to say that tekton look’s insane. Wonder how it sounds?

But as always. It’s should be tested in your house and space, what sound’s good to you.

1 Like

If SA offers free in-home trial (Tekton does), order em both and see what you like. The Tekton DI is pretty much universally acknowledged as a special speaker.

1 Like

‘special’? por quoi?

Leaning towards the Buchardt A700 now. Buchardt’s are covered by a 10 year speaker and 2 year electronics warranty. Looks like the System Audio are only 7 years and it doesn’t cover “electronic circuits.” Also Buchardt already has their tunings available for their floorstanders.

“Special” as in it does most things very well. And it’s very affordable for what it does.

1 Like

Well I just heard from Mads that the next run of A700 won’t be ready for another 5-6 months.

1 Like

Did you buy them??? Did you, did you???

1 Like

I…Turn in next week for the reveal!!

1 Like

I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dude that’s awesome. I almost pulled the trigger on the DIs multiple times about a year ago. But then I got sucked down the DIY hole again. The DIs are one of only very few speakers I’d buy. Can’t wait to hear your impressions.

1 Like

Need source gear next. Leaning towards Parasound P6 + A21+

3 Likes

Congratulations, Looking forward to seeing the pictures once you start setting things up!

1 Like

With the high sensitivity of those speakers the choice of amplification is pretty much limitless. Should be fun shopping.

2 Likes

Give us some deets! White? Did you resist the temptation to to go with the beryllium tweeters? 118 lbs, you gonna break a sweat setting them up!

1 Like

White, regular tweets, and they weigh the same as me so yes lol

I had been deliberating between the Tektons and either Buchardt or System Audio active systems. I have an opportunity to buy the Buchardt A700 for $5000, but I think I am going to pass. Used set, very small dent on a corner, but the owner is having some issues. Has some hum/buzz and WiSA not updating. Mads said he would give me the full warranty and replace the electronics if needed. I was so close to buying. If anyone in the US is interested let me know or email Mads at Buchardt. They are normally $7000+

I decided on the Tektons for overall slam and a wall of sound. I would imagine they have more SPL. The new digital/active/WiSA systems are very tempting though. I hope I made the right choice for my sound preference, warm bassy slam \m/

2 Likes

You know we’ll expect a full write up!

3 Likes

I tried to cancel too many times. I went with the basic DI in White. I’ve been a fan of their sound for awhile. Before had Pendragons and Brilliance. Pendragons just amazing. The prices on his speakers go down with age. I remember DI being a lot more. Bad thing is I’ll be yelled at for buying speakers. It’s not like I can hide them.

3 Likes