TH-X00/TR-X00/E-MU Teak/Denon biodynamic general discussion

PS. You know you can use a match stick or toothpic with a dob of woodglue to fix the hole if you’re careful.

Hey, thanks.
That was my idea as well, but decided to leave them like that in case I wanted to sell them in the future, I wouldn’t want it to look all messed up if I don’t do a good enough job.

Santa’s Arrived Early!
Arrival

Lawton Cups

6 Likes

Someone in the community is hiding my posts… :frowning:

Sorry buddy but your posts were flagged by the forum system and needed approval, I’ve just approved them so hopefully you’ll not experience any more problems :smiley: PM me if you do.
PS those cups look lush :+1:

3 Likes

Wild Ziricote - Wild Chechen - Black Limba - Flame Marbled Walnut

Time to listen!!!

14 Likes

A Masterpiece in Love, :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:Looks so beautiful

1 Like

Initial impressions of Wild Chechen…

Definitely fatter sub bass at 30-50hz and fuller bass around 80hz.
Still tight and fast sounding, not much difference in midrange and treble detected.
hmmmm. might have fixed the occassional sibilance around 6-8k! More listening required…

3 Likes

Just WOW WOW WOW… amazing in every way…

The fit and finish is spectacular!
The sound seems tighter but also deeper and fatter and also smoother in the upper midrage and lower treble where the stock TH610’s have a tendancy to be siblant on some brightly recorded tracks.

The sparkle, air, separation, width and staging is there and even sweeter since the edge has been just so slightly taken away at around 5-6k.

Im my opinion this has made the TH610 the perfect headphones with the Wild Chechen. Not sure how I’m going to go with the others since this has spoilt me now I think!

The bass is just sooo good, just sounds like a really good fat dynamic and fast kick that you get in a good live gig in a small/medium room with warm and tight bass from bass guitar.

Listening to everything from Glitterbox EDM night club stuff, to Steely Dan Gaucho, Tracy Chapman Baby Can I Hold You - nice bass… Super Tramp Still in Love…

And Hoff Ensemble - Polarity… WOW - feels like im in the room with that beautiful double bass and Piano!

Hoff Ensemble - Polarity by Hilton, on Flickr

5 Likes

YUM

Wild Chechen TH610 Lawton Cups by Hilton, on Flickr

5 Likes

Hello,
What for Earpads have you actally in use?
Sounds good what you say😉,i like it .

Stock TH610 pads. They are comfortable and from what I’ve read everyone thinks they’re the best sounding Pads. A lot of the others Pads end up sounding a bit bright. While you might get better width and staging with thicker pads it thins the sound out a little and brightens them too much. Not to mention the bigger opening in some of them creates issues with bloated bass and sharpness in the sibilance range… So i’ll stick with stock thanks!

Ah okay that’s weird.
You’re the first to say that about the stockpads and especially you find comfortable in all the years I’ve discovered the Fostex.Maybe it’s really just a habituation question.
I only asked out of curiosity.
If they are okay for you, that’s totally fine, no question.:blush:

I find you personally actually soundtechnisch very good but simply uncomfortable.
But just to each his.

Speaking of sibilance, I have none with either the Ahg pads or the Yaxi pads, on the contrary, they are on point.
But I think everyone feels it bisschen anderst.

Wish you continue to have fun with the great cups and am curious about their reporting.:grin:

1 Like

Watch some Z_Reviews on pad rolling.

And this review from Tyll.

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid of pads with larger ear holes. The TH-900 are apperently picky with how they are amplified and use a different version of the driver (1.5 tesla) so they are a different beast.

I’ve found that as long as the pad is closed (no velour or perferations) the treble has never gotten too bright for me, especially now with the Lawton cups. What does change with a larger ear hole is the bass. The mid-bass is reduced a fair amount, but the sub-bass still extends. Attenuation rings help with the mid-bass and boost the sub-bass to match. I use ZMF Ori hybrid pads with attenuation rings and there is no sharpness and the mids are not what I would call “thinned”, though I will admit the mids are less thick than stock (at least with stock PH cups. I haven’t tried stock pads with Lawton cups).

One last thing, I tried dekoni X00 sheepskin pads with the Lawton cups and was very unpleasantly suprised. They sounded horribly congested and stuffy, which I never got when using stock cups. My point being the stock pads might be a bottle neck of sorts. I’ll give them a try here in a bit and see how they compare. Maybe it was just an unfortunately bad synergy with the dekoni pads.

1 Like

Those are descriptors that I can relate to! I am poor at translating warm- neutral- slam- shouty- But put in terms of venue type and size etc., it comes easier to me.

I was curious if anybody is using a pad for their headband. The headbands kind of thin and makes the top of my head hurt. I was looking into possibly getting the ZMF pilot pad. Curious what everybody else is using.

Pilot pads work. I believe @ValentineLuke uses one.

1 Like

I do!

It’s pretty awesome. Very comfortable and extremely plush.

Photo credit: @bpcarb (from meetup at the Schiitr)

3 Likes