TH-X00/TR-X00/E-MU Teak/Denon biodynamic general discussion

I’ve noticed that they are pretty random with their responses, one time I tried sending them my enquiry one more time from another e-mail address and got an answer way sooner than to my original e-mail that I had sent weeks prior. I’d just try sending them the e-mail multiple times if I were you, and you can order directly by just sending them the cost via paypal and putting the details of your order in the description.

can you only get Teaks by going through there website and emailing?

They used to be on massdrop too

1 Like

ya i saw they sold through, i wonder why they have poor communication, was hoping to get a pair as well

I emailed E-MU < [email protected] > on 12/8/2020 and they replied same day. I emailed them again on 1/2/2020 and they replied the next day 1/3. I do know if you want to order just fill out their web-order form.

I know E-MU systems has several locations and I believe the headphones come from the Singapore location but don’t quote me.

I am located in US perhaps, I am getting responses from the California location and that explains my (so-far) quick responses.

1 Like

thanks for this info, US as well

1 Like

NP

The support has also been very helpful. I asked details about particular models and availability, and lead-times to ship and then another to ask about technical specs for the cables used.

I am going to wait until February to order though because I don’t know if Singapore recognizes/celebrates the Chinese New Year which is pretty much the entire month of January. I know that that holiday impacts much of the pacific rim.

1 Like

ok good to know, i can hold off till then, just purchased on coming the 14th so ill be solid

1 Like

Hello,
You can order here directly https://www.emu.com/order.html
For the Ebony cups try to write again,please. At. [email protected]
Maybe is some goes wrong.

3 Likes

First time I’ve ever seen this page thank you sir

1 Like

So I love my rosewood X00 with the Ori pads and use them for about everything. I do a lot of gaming and music with them. I was curious if anybody uses any pad that would lever the bass down a bit. I was thinking about the Dekoni th900 frustrated pads. I was worried it might make the trouble a little too peaky. I was curious if anybody has any experience with these pads.

1 Like

While I don’t have experience with those specific pads, I can say that fenistrated is not the way to go. From my testing and selection of pads, the Lawton pads with attenuation rings was about the same as Ori pads without rings, so perhaps a pad like the Lawtons (thinner than the Ori with a larger ear hole) would be what you are looking for.

The ZMF univers or Auteur pads might be good options since they fit those two criteria and are nicer than the Lawton pads, but I can’t personally confirm how they sound.

If you’re using attenuation rings already, the easiest thing would be to just remove them.

1 Like

Ya I have removed the attenuation ring and I really did not notice any different whatsoever in sound change. I have the Dekoni ring and also two custom rings made out of a manila folder. I don’t really know if switching to any other pad would hurt it in a server negative way.

1 Like

What for cups you have buy?Emu or Lawron?

While most good pads will still sound good, the sound will change pretty drastically with some pads and a few will sound really bad (like dekoni beyer suede’s). A larger ear hole will reduce the bass and increase the treble (but only a little). If you are treble sensitive or feel the treble it already at your limit, this could be a problem, but I find it’s not an issue.

As for the rings, paper is much less affective than plastic and thicker plastic results in more bass. I haven’t tried dekoni’s rings but my customer ones made from Ovaltine lids add a fair amount (see post 532 in this thread).

I bought both the ebony and rosewood from Emu

Ya I been following the thread for a while, I’ve seen your post on the custom ring, I have never bought any Ovaltine for the rings since I don’t drink it. I did stack two paper rings with the Dekoni one to make it thick. But I don’t know if that would be similar to the one Ovaltine ring.

The rings don’t really matter since your looking for less bass.

Wouldn’t the ebony have a bit less bass than the rosewood (going off of Lawton’s typing for those two woods)? Is there some other reason you aren’t using the ebony?

Well the ebony cups are almost 3 times as heavy, the rosewood are so much lighter. I’m not looking for less bass completely, I love the bass for music and single player games. I was just going to buy another lock ring set were I can quick swap the earpads when I’m playing competitive type games.

Do you still have your X00?