The DEALS thread

I thinks its somewhere between the M300 and the M500

Seriously though. the m500 is only 400$ the m400 is twice the amount at 800$ the only DAC more expensive is their their flagship the D1 at 1300$. So maybe the M500 is due for a upgrade soon?

The Topping D90 is about the same price so maybe its supposed to compete with that?

XDUOO TA-20 BALANCED HEADPHONE AMP 296$

YULONG DA9 BALANCED DAC/AMP 799$

Hello,
Here some reduced Smsl Product maybe intressting for people who think about a Smsl product.:wink:
https://hifi-express.com/collections/s-m-s-l-vmv

1 Like

Well you are including your referral code in your Drop links and mentioned that you got credit without buying anything. Funny how that works.

6 Likes

I didnt realize that. i guess i should sign out of drop before i post the deals. if thats whats doing it

I’m just providing my observations. You post what you feel is necessary.

3 Likes

The D1 can be had for sub 1k so wouldn’t make sense then - unless it competes with it, which it shouldn’t because then they’ve taken their own TOTL off the market.

Has anyone compared the the D90 with the D1?

If you click the “copy url” under Share it refers your account, if you just copy the url in the browser address bar it should not have the referral link.

1 Like

Is it against forum rules to post referral links? Is that frowned upon?

2 Likes

I can’t see that it is against the rules, no mentions of referral links there, but I would consider it “best practice” to put a “FYI this is my referral link” when doing so.

It rubs some people wrong when it isn’t mentioned, others don’t care.

3 Likes

There is already an M500 version 2 with improved SINAD due to a thermal test that ASR did demonstrating a 3 or so db loss after warming up.

Was it audible, no, but they probably improved other aspects too.

It’s less that we’re pissed at referral links, it’s that they’re tied to links that aren’t really deals. The referral on top of it just turns it from stupid to scummy.

I’m so close to ignoring the people who post links like that. I want deals on this thread, not bullshit $5-25 off. If it isn’t at least >20% off msrp it really doesn’t belong here. Especially with a referral tacked on top.

6 Likes

No, i always just copy the URL from the address bar

1 Like

Drop hasn’t been about deals for general products for a while. Getting $20 off a retail price only for it to ship in a month isn’t a “deal”? I think most here would rather go to amazon or some other website, pay $20 and get it in 2-5 days.

Drop’s collaborations are where they will garner attention with this community and they usually have threads on them or they are discussed in new releases and rumors threads.

4 Likes

Exactly. They should NOT be posted in this thread. Unless the drop product goes on an actual sale posting it here is asinine.

Sorry to be toxic, but this is getting really old really fast.

2 Likes

look at the Yulong DA9 amp. its 490$ off and the Duoo TA 20 is 74$ off

Its called “The Deals Thread” and i post sales that have a significant discount.

But again, everyone here checks massdrop and amazon on the regular.

The TA-20 has been on that sale for forever and a half. They might mark it as a sale, but think about how long those links have been around for or what they were last listed at on drop. You’re just posting things that have been there forever. If you only did it once or twice I’d understand, but it’s constant. Those are not deals and are consistently at those prices.

Think and research before you link it. Amazon and Drop stuff has to have recently been decreased in price to make it a valid post. Most of them are on “constant sale”. Just cause they reappear / get relisted every so often doesn’t mean it’s a new deal. If you’re gonna repost those, at least provide context.