The DEALS thread

I can’t see that it is against the rules, no mentions of referral links there, but I would consider it “best practice” to put a “FYI this is my referral link” when doing so.

It rubs some people wrong when it isn’t mentioned, others don’t care.

3 Likes

There is already an M500 version 2 with improved SINAD due to a thermal test that ASR did demonstrating a 3 or so db loss after warming up.

Was it audible, no, but they probably improved other aspects too.

It’s less that we’re pissed at referral links, it’s that they’re tied to links that aren’t really deals. The referral on top of it just turns it from stupid to scummy.

I’m so close to ignoring the people who post links like that. I want deals on this thread, not bullshit $5-25 off. If it isn’t at least >20% off msrp it really doesn’t belong here. Especially with a referral tacked on top.

6 Likes

No, i always just copy the URL from the address bar

1 Like

Drop hasn’t been about deals for general products for a while. Getting $20 off a retail price only for it to ship in a month isn’t a “deal”? I think most here would rather go to amazon or some other website, pay $20 and get it in 2-5 days.

Drop’s collaborations are where they will garner attention with this community and they usually have threads on them or they are discussed in new releases and rumors threads.

4 Likes

Exactly. They should NOT be posted in this thread. Unless the drop product goes on an actual sale posting it here is asinine.

Sorry to be toxic, but this is getting really old really fast.

2 Likes

look at the Yulong DA9 amp. its 490$ off and the Duoo TA 20 is 74$ off

Its called “The Deals Thread” and i post sales that have a significant discount.

But again, everyone here checks massdrop and amazon on the regular.

The TA-20 has been on that sale for forever and a half. They might mark it as a sale, but think about how long those links have been around for or what they were last listed at on drop. You’re just posting things that have been there forever. If you only did it once or twice I’d understand, but it’s constant. Those are not deals and are consistently at those prices.

Think and research before you link it. Amazon and Drop stuff has to have recently been decreased in price to make it a valid post. Most of them are on “constant sale”. Just cause they reappear / get relisted every so often doesn’t mean it’s a new deal. If you’re gonna repost those, at least provide context.

I always check my deal before i post them. a lot of products on Massdrop go on sale for limited runs. so when they go on sale again people appreciate it when i post it. People have told me they appreciate my posts.

And why are you getting so bent out of shape about this Pressalt4? its just a stupid deals thread. Can you not get so OCD about it?

I check this thread for deals actively. When things that very obviously aren’t deals get posted it irks me. Especially when multiple people corroborate and reiterate that what you’re posting aren’t deals in any sense of the word. Even more so when you post affiliate links (whether intentional or not).

In other words, do research before you post on this thread. If you have any doubt in your mind pm someone with more experience (not me) and ask.

I get bent out of shape over it because you seem to ignore the people who are politely mentioning that these aren’t deals or that the things you post consistently don’t meet the standards for a deal. Even when corrected nicely and in detail you seem to persist in posting the same shit.

I don’t want to get angry here, but it really makes this thread a pain to sift through and it bugs more than just me. All we’re asking is for some more critical thought about what you post here.

Like no one here is immune to posting things that aren’t deals, but the difference is that we were called out and learned to not post stuff like that, or at least add context about the deal.

2 Likes

It’s because it’s become too spammy. I know prices pretty well and I already have to filter through most of the noise to find the gems. A new person probably thinks these are all good deals.

I am pretty sure I have posted in this thread at most 3-4 times. One of the latest notables is RNHP, that people popularly want, for $350, that is 30% off ($150) and a forum member bought it within 5 minutes.

7 Likes

What are you talking about? I check my posts and they are all good deals. you may want 50% or something but most people are just looking for a good deal

You guys dont know what this thread was like before i started posting to it. it was nothing. no one ever posted to it. except for a post every once in a great while. I picked it up, subscribed to all the main audio website newsletters and deal sites. I just never get any respect on this forum. I dont know why i post here. i should just drop it like a bad habbit

1 Like

?

I mean, I posted to it, M0n posted to it, everyone else posted to it. It isn’t supposed to be a daily thread afaik. Only supposed to showcase real deals.

It doesn’t really matter what it was before you started posting. What it matters is what the thread was intended for, which afaik is real, honest to god or whatever you believe or don’t believe in, deals. Amazon and drop decidedly do not count. That’s been corroborated by mannnnny forum regulars.

It’s not like most of us are not subscribed to these newsletters, we just tend to think a little more critically before we post them. We would request that you try to do the same. I understand that you want as many people as possible to get into the hobby (same here), but that isn’t the purpose of the thread.

If you feel like you aren’t getting any respect here, it might be time to reflect a bit on what you post.

I would like it if you stayed, cause your opinions are still valuable. I (and others) would just request a little more discretion.

7 Likes

posting of new Drops doesn’t bother me in any way. their pricing is almost always better than list anywhere else.

2 Likes

Their shipping time is almost always “6 months worse”, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

does’t stop it from being a deal :stuck_out_tongue:

Still hasn’t shipped btw :neutral_face:

3 Likes

From the other deals thread: Pioneer BS22 for 80$.

Oddly enough they’re 180$USD on amazon… but 150$CAD (110 USD) on Amazon**.ca**.
Still 30$ usd cheaper there.

2 Likes

I would be careful with then. I bought am amp in their eBay store. It has been more than 2 months, they don’t have any info on the product, and they don’t want to refund. I know about pandemic affecting time, but they advertised a 2 weeks delivery time and that sure haven’t happened.