The DEALS thread

Yeah, maybe we need some more clarity on where to post deals? I post speaker and speaker amp deals in the Off-Topic DEALS thread because this present DEALS thread is specifically in the headphones category. And I get a ton of speaker deals in my Facebook feed. Zuckerberg et al have figured out I like sound gear. Not quite sure how I feel about that…

2 Likes

Drop lists it on one of their pages how long it will take to ship it. if its something you want badly and its gonna take a while buy it somewhere else. I buy stuff on drop that im curious about but dont need right away and just wait for it and enjoy the deal lol. i got my Darkvoice from drop and it was 185$ i couldnt find that deal anywhere.

1 Like

No one is breaking any rules here. I think if someone or a group of people want a thread to change or receive added guidelines they should take it to the feedback thread and involve a mod and not speak for the entire forum.

5 Likes

You have good intentions and I appreciate that. I apologize if it sounded like I was ganging up on you, but again, it can get pretty spammy. Maybe just stick with the popular drops and/or the really good deals on other sites.

2 Likes

VIOLECTRIC V850 DAC 1099$

3 Likes

This has been brought to his attention multiple multiple times and he just ignores it and continues to post random stuff that like you said aren’t even really deals. I feel your pain as it makes this thread useless because you have to sift through all the spam garbage to find the actual deals that are posted, in a channel that’s supposed to be for deals lol

2 Likes

HiFiGo having a Mid-year Sale Event. up to 35% off for 3 days:

1 Like

Wow buy a 6 year old DAC for $1200 that is worth LESS than $700 used, what a deal!

1 Like

Some people dont like used gear Davis :no_mouth:

1 Like

You folks seriously need to stop.

Ant is posting sale items in a deals thread and getting harassed for it. If you don’t like it ignore the thread or his posts.

It’s getting out of hand.

10 Likes

Deals that are not amazing are still deals. If there’s anything that makes good deals hard to find in this thread is dozens of post complaining that some deals aren’t good enough.

What a completely ridiculous statement. Of COURSE used gear is going to be cheaper, how is something not a deal because you can get something used cheaper? As far as I can tell this is still a current production model so the date when it was introduced is completely irrelevant. This just feels like you’re attacking Antpage because you dislike him.

5 Likes

I wasn’t only referring to the fact to you can buy this much cheaper used because that’s obvious that you can buy something cheaper used than new. I was more speaking on the fact that you open the box and it’s worth near half what you just paid for it. Which means it’s not a good buy. What kind of a deal is something you buy and lose half the money on it when you go to upgrade or sell it lol. An example of a good deal on drop is the sales on the 58X and 6XX when they go on sale, you can get them for $180/$115 respectively and sell them for the same price on the used market when you’re done with them.

1 Like

also I realize most things wont be as good as buy it and sell it used for what you paid for it new minus tax and shipping but worth near half what you just paid for it is not a deal by any means.

1 Like

well i’m not sure about that. but the Violectric is high end gear. not sure how well they maintain their value. But i think Violectric makes such high quality gear that i dont think it shows up on the used market that often. its a keeper

These blanket replies are killing me haha, do you atleast see where all the people complaining are coming from? You literally just go to drop.com hit shop and sort by newly listed and if its audio related most the time you post it. It doesn’t show up on the used market that often because they’re not particular hot selling items so there aren’t even that many out there and they’ve been bested by newer DACs that outperform them for cheaper. Why do you think they wanted their old product nobody buys posted on Drop? I’d be willing to bet the drop doesn’t even sell the 5 required for it to go through.

1 Like

I don’t have anything against you as a person, just disagree with what you post as deals which we’ve already discussed a few times before. Never said you CAN’T post this stuff because obviously you can. Just find it very odd that multiple people bring to your attention that it’s annoying and you just ignore them or give a sorry excuse of a reply. Especially with how active you are on here, seems like you wouldn’t want a bunch of people to think you’re annoying, although I assume you’re going to tell me you don’t care what anyone thinks about you or what you post.

5 Likes

And what about those who like the Drop deals? Do you know how many people have thanked me for them? I just got one today who told me i should ignore you guys. shall i ignore them instead for the finicky complainer few who cant simply use their mouse wheel and scroll past?

1 Like

This information ain’t available in public. :wink: Pretty hard to find it.
I’m in different situation. I dont have to “spam” them… they know to ask.
And i give them few choices, from of they can choose the best for them.
This has been a win-win situation for years.

I think we should start posting deals in the thousands and in the real high-end audio range. This thread would be more interesting.

1 Like

Are you questioning my veracity sir? I’ll have you know i’m a man of honor and would never post lies. good day sir!

Lol. You are funny.
If only you know, how many have you helped.
How can the information be available in publicly to find?
That was all. Nothing else and nothing to add.

Goin back to Deals. Here’s speacial deal on Guitar Pick
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GTRS15P--gravity-picks-tripp-standard-1.5mm

1 Like