The DEALS thread

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YX7K4CP?th=1&psc=1

m570’s for sale on amazon $200. Not bad.

Not for me.

It doesn’t change to $399

where do you get the notification of this, im signed up to adorama but i dont recieve email on that. I wish the Clear or Clear pro sale is back on on their site

@SM_Music
@lalawil

Hmm yeah weird.
I found it on this website slickdeals.
I had an issue with trying to purchase one. PayPal charged me but the transaction didn’t go through with adorama in the first place. Now I need to contact paypal.

1 Like

Looks like the site is working properly now, they’re listed for $399 now.

https://www.adorama.com/fofelegia.html?sdtid=14957258&emailprice=t&sterm=3ffXD3z8oxyLWQwwUx0Mo38ZUkES5uWFyzMj200&utm_source=rflaid62905

4 Likes

Now that the deal is active, thoughts everyone?

I like them. The tonality is a bit wonky somewhere in the midrange but it ends up being a good thing if you’re going to wear them for a long time. Perfect for an eight hour work day. Plenty of isolation from the outside environment, zero fatigue, good technicalities. They’re also REALLY sensitive so you can run them off a phone if you want - but they do scale with electronics.

3 Likes

imagen

:face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

God damn it

can u elaborate on the wonkiness of the midrange? thinking about picking them up. but i have been listening to a lot of vocal oriented music of late.

I’m not particularly sensitive to tonal stuff (other than brightness) so it’s hard for me explain it. I would say the vocals are recessed some but I can’t tell in which area. For reference, HD600 is one of my favorite headphones (known for its midrange) so switching to Elegia is definitely “different” but I don’t find it offensive or anything. Just different.

2 Likes

You got the wp900 right? IMO the elegias compliment those perfectly, the weakest part of the wp900s midrange (somewhere in the lower mids) is the strongest and best part of the elegias, and vice versa, I find the elegias wonkiness to be somewhere in the upper mids, but its not wonky at all in most of my library, just in some mixes.

1 Like

got ya. been thinking about picking them up for a while. have heard good things about them. the higher end focal’s don;t really interest me as i think they will have to much treble for my tastes.

Yeah treble is not a problem with these. As I said, zero listening fatigue.

2 Likes

I had the Elegia for awhile and liked it, but it was one of those headphones that needs ear-burn-in. Every-time I would put it on coming from something else, I’d be like, “This doesn’t sound right,” or, “this sounds small.” However, after listening for a couple minutes, I would really settle in and enjoy it. Great detail and imaging. I ended up trading mine away because I don’t use closed-backs all that much.

1 Like

The Elegia was my daily driver for work up until very recently when I decided to go the IEM route instead because I didn’t want to be tethered to my desk all the time. Still, the Elegia are well suited to portable use if you want a full sized headphone and they are easy enough to drive. They are EASILY worth $399 if you ask me. They have a fun detailed sound that doesn’t overwhelm you or have any major FR distractions. They might be considered by some to be bass light, but the bass they have is very controlled, impactful and textured. It extends well and it’s there when called for. I think the detailed midrange was my favorite part about the Elegia.

2 Likes

Hifiman HE560 v4 $269

1 Like

Are the HE560 v4 worth it? Heard many good things about the original HE560 but theres not much info on these

1 Like

Glad to hear. I just snagged a pair and intend to use them for the office once we are back!