The DEALS thread

Theirs a hifiman he 400i 2020 for $169.00, the same price of the original. It has a deva headband, and supposedly sounds a little better with slightly angled pads and a better build.

yeah im not sure if there is a reason to buy the he4xx on drop anymore

That’s hard to say, I have the 400i and sundara, but never heard the 4xx. Some say the 4xx is better when it comes to sound than the 400i, but the build quality is worse on the 4xx.

hmm, Ive owned the 4xx and he400 but never heard the 400i. I thought the 400i and 4xx were comparable in sonic performance but im not sure. I could also be confusing with 400s…

The 400i and 4xx are similar sounding. The 4xx has less bass and more detail.

Aside from $20 less with a new user coupon I struggle to justify the 4xx as well

Soekris dac1101 amp/dac EUR 400 (regular EUR 590)… I know nothing about it, just noticed it was on sale.
http://www.soekris.dk/dac1101.html

The LP is on sale!

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33305

6 Likes

Whaaaat why i Just bought it 2 days ago whyyyy
Fuck my Life man

Rip ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

M0N why could’nt you predict that. What am i paying you for.

3 Likes

That is a bit crazy price but I just can’t get it shipped here.

Well fine im throwing my money out the window all the time Amway :smiley:

I hear you. I paid $600.00 and a week later it was $550.00. And then a week after that it went to $500.00 for about two days. :astonished:

iirc someone in the past as messaged monoprice and had them credit the difference but I could be mistaken with a different store

1 Like

Worth a shot lol

Worth picking up the LP at the current price? or should I just get the modius+magnius stack

Damn i’ll try that. Thanks

It depends, making assumptions for what I think the magnius is going to be, I might assume the plat would be a higher tier amp, but if you plan to use anything single ended often it’s not worthwhile (probably just like the magnius). But from what I remember you having, I think it might be worthwhile if you want a more punchy warmer spacious sound, with a bit of smoothness imo

And if people visit you you can say:
See those Tubes? Yes i’am an expert Audiophile.

3 Likes