The DEALS thread

Thanks mon, I really appreciate all of your helpful advice

Would you pick LP over something like feliks espressivo?

I think they are pretty different, and that’s also pretty dependant on the headphones you have imo

1 Like

A very trustworthy source tells me that Beyers, Sennheisers and ZMF’s pair very well with the Espressivo…

I saw Eikons on the pictures for espressivo so I can believe they should pair nicely

K ordered the LP, which balanced dac should I pair with it?

1 Like

Bifrost 2 multibit if you can afford it… Just my recommendation as it’s what I use.

5 Likes

I keep my DAC and wait for that one.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38966

M0N also told me to get the Bifrost 2 but i want to hear what people think about the LP DAC.

I do like the bifrost 2 as mentioned with the lp, but I also like the ares ii if you don’t mind taking a hit on stage width for more depth. Generally I think the bifrost 2 is more organic but slightly warmer and wider, a tad smoother, where the ares ii is more energetic, a bit more detail forward, a bit more clean sounding, more intimate but more depth to the stage, sounds a bit quicker, both are good. The upcoming plat dac looks cool but imo I don’t have super high expectations for it

1 Like

for those of you in Canada, someone in Prince Rupert has put up some high end gear for sale.

not listed, but I was talking to her (name is Sandy) about any headphone gear and she has a Space Tech Labs SE-6BQ5. she’s asking $650 CAD for it.

I will say that the Lp running balanced out of my Bf2 is a great combo… I run the Asgard 3 out RCA from the Bf2 and it is great as well. Makes all my headphones rock!!

1 Like

Do you run any IEM’s or very efficient headphones out of that combo?

I have not actually tried any IEM’s yet…My cans of course are not hard to drive though, Aeon 2, Nighthawks, Elex, Hex 2, E-mu teaks, He4xx, Drop Senn 58x, and my Lcd2 pre’s… But I guess between the two amps I am prepared… :grinning:

I did this and they did it no questions asked. cant hurt to shoot them an email asking for the differeence credited back to you@Lukas00

yeah it was probably your post I saw. Just hard to remember all the details

basically the same thing, i bought the liquid spark, next day it went on sale. it was only a difference of $20 in this case but i used it as an experiment to see if monoprice was a good company and they did not disappoint

With my Grado’s and Meze’s at 32 Ohms, I have to turn down the DAC and I still can only use 8:00 to 9:00 on the volume knob.

I am thinking that with a BF2 that you can’t turn down, those headphones would be all but unusable.

I forgot my Drop 58x… I cant go really past 11 o:clock with any of them… Well I could but would only be for a VERY short time…

https://www.adorama.com/fofelegia.html?emailprice=t&sterm=QGcTy5TUOxyJW3YwUx0Mo382UkiTd3QYN2l-wQ0&utm_source=rflaid62905

Elegia on sale for 400

8 Likes

Wow they brought back again? I thought the Elegia got discontinued. How do they still have so much stock lol.
Also $30 less than the sale from last time?!

1 Like