The DEALS thread

A red mini sold last week for $1300. I had a shot at it blinked then it was gone.

Refurb Jamo S 801 powered monitors $209 at Woot.

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/jamo-s-801-pm-powered-monitors-pair-your-choice-2?ref=w_cnt_gw_zlm_lc_1

aaannnnd… 807 floor standing pair for $219
https://electronics.woot.com/offers/jamo-s-807-floor-standing-speakers-pair-walnut-2?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_elec_6_17

pretty good price for a gsx mk2… A month ago I would have bought this at the offered price but moving my budget up a bit. I also can’t speak to a 2016 version to one purchased today if substantial changes have been made.

Thanks. I finally took advantage of this deal. I never bothered upgrading my 99 cable, and at normal price I probably never would have done so, but $50 was worthwhile. Pulled them out for the first time in a while and have been enjoying them balanced for the first time ever. These really are a pleasant headphone for the price.

1 Like

Not music related, but there’s a huge steam sale going on right now. If you have games in your wishlist, chances are you can get em for a 1$/2$.

2 Likes

Darn, did that Linsoul sale only last a day or what?

Snooze you lose lol

They will open it up every Wednesday. Until 11.11.

Its very limited and I don’t know enough about the fine print if you don’t use it within the “11.11” sales period.

Too damn many restrictions and too much fine print to be of much use (to me), and it’s not like some knock your socks off deal. Max $50 off…big effing whoop.

1 Like

I agree. It seems like they are banking on customers not reading carefully or forgetting.

1 Like

IDK, you want to buy something for $100…
That’d be a pretty good deal. But yeah, not like I need it… But I don’t need any of this stuff. But I WANT it!

I guess it’s not so bad in comparison to buyers needing to jump through hoops like trained circus animals, playing games or whatever the fuck, to get $2 coupons on AlieExpress.

Linsoul has never had what I would ca ll a true sale. Yes they have their gift cards etc., but that is not a sale. And with all the limits I am not tempeted at all.

$1350 for a red gsx mini… last one I saw posted on there went for $1300 so prices are looking good.

DT880 600 ohm at HHGregg for $157 + free shipping. Just ordered for myself to try out. Been curious about them for a little while and this seemed like a pretty sweet price for a new set: https://www.hhgregg.com/products/beyerdynamic-dt-880-premium-edition-over-ear-stereo-headphones

5 Likes

That is a great price! With the right amp, they are amazing.

1 Like

I’ll have to see how long that one lasts…

1 Like

Can I power these dt880 600 ohm via a liquid platinum amp?

You can but the attached single-ended cable DT800 is going to limit the sound quality, as the Liquid Platinum is designed in a way that the balanced output is vastly preferred rather than the single-ended output. A redditor offers a detachable cable mod for the DT800’s: demevalos - Etsy. If you look up the username, I believe he posted a series of posts detailing this mod. So, if you are already handy with a soldering iron, you can do it yourself.

EDIT: added link to modder

1 Like