The DEALS thread

I haven’t heard the Liquid Platinum but this sounds right. My understanding is the single ended output on the LP is lackluster compared to the balanced performance. The 880 should work well on most decent single ended amps though as long as you are mindful of synergy in the pairing. Again not speaking from experience since I don’t have this headphone in hand yet but once I do I can report how they perform on the Liquid Spark and the RNHP.

Very cool, been waiting to see a good price on these and this works nicely. And ordered.

2 Likes

Nice! Interested to hear what you think. What amp will you be pairing them with?

Have the Ifi Micro Black. I guessing it will do. Never had a problem with it powering any of my cans, including Fostex offerings.

1 Like

My guess is that will be a sweet pairing. The Micro is a powerhouse and the iFi sound signature should complement the 880 nicely. Enjoy!

The DT880 (600ohms, 96 dB/mW sensitivity) needs an amp that outputs 252mW at 600ohms to reach 120 dB SPL (calculated using https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-power-calculator/), which the Asgard 3 (single-ended output amp) can handle quite nicely. Now, no one is going to listen to anything at 120 dB for any amount of time. It just provides more than enough (maybe overkill?) headroom for any large transients. A 110 dB SPL target is fine too, which only requires 25mW at 600ohms to reach, which the Liquid Spark (314 mW at 300 ohms) should be able to reach comfortably.

Oh yeah, I updated my post with an Etsy link to that DT880 modder.

@Nicolas_Porter thanks for the heads up and do note that there is a deals thread!

1 Like

Quick update, they arrived already. Were waiting for me when I got home from work. Been giving them an initial run through. Pretty much what I expected. No real complaints.

Awesome! Still waiting on mine. Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Sennheiser hd 660s on amazon UK for £359 - good deal?

You can get it in A grade from CeX for £315 if you’re fine with buying from CeX. A grade is usually pretty much brand new from them and you get 2 years warranty.

https://www.newegg.com/black-beyerdynamic-717525-earbud/p/N82E16826380026? Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (717525) High-end Tesla Over-Ear Stereo Headphones (Open)

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home $319.00

I just had to share this with someone. Most may not like them but i kinda do :slight_smile: dont hate me.

Can you buy from CeX in the US?

Unfortunately not unless you go via a shipping proxy

1 Like

Liquid Platinum for $293.74, lowest I’ve seen it, sorry if it’s a repost! https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33305

4 Likes

That ^^^ right there is cray af. I was waiting to get this amp on Black Friday. But Random Monday works as well lol.

5 Likes

PHEW. I just got done chatting with Monoprice and they’re going to refund me the difference between the current sale price and what I paid for the Liquid Platinum a few days ago. Had a real hard swap from feelsbad to feelsgood there.

13 Likes

A company that actually understands repeat business over margins. Getting harder and harder to find that.

1 Like

Did they change it? Up to $399.99 for me.

Yeah it looks like they bumped it up. May have gotten more attention than they were expecting lol.

2 Likes