The DEALS thread

This deal was too good not to pass on…

2 Likes

Click on the price too high listing and request that you found it cheaper elsewhere

3 Likes

Ummm, what?

I’ve never had any issues with Drop, so I’m also curious as to why they “Must Fall?”

Ask him about Audeze to get the full experience lol

Oh geez, let’s hear the Drop rant first I suppose. =P

1 Like

headphones.com is having a sale. some good stuff here:

Hmm don’t really see any stand out deals in there right now, but I wonder if they will add more

i was thinking about the LCD X. i heard it wasnt so dark

Yeah, it’s not as dark as other audeze, pretty great imo. Used they can be had around 800 ish now I think

Audioquest Nighthawk carbon on closeout for $199
https://www.musicdirect.com/headphones/AudioQuest-Nighthawk-Carbon-Headphones

2 Likes

Wow that’s a steal right there. Jump on it while you can people!

Massdrop THX 789, email says $50 off at checkout and in stock, puts it at $368.55 US, that’s a good deal.

Almost jumped on it, but I think I want to wait for something better, more powerful and with more finesse as my only balanced headphone amp. Not sure what yet but i’ve started looking.

2 Likes

There’s the THX 887 that is a little better.

Honestly… I’ve been looking at the Cayin iHA-6 as a solid alternative.
About the same power as the THX amp through balanced…
and something Zeo’s doesn’t mention in his review… the single-ended outputs both offer different ‘flavors’ as they have different output-impedance. Seems like a nice very versatile amp.

3 Likes

Honestly it’s probably indistinguishable with most headphones

I really like that amp, it’s got a slight warmer character, and playing around with the current can benefit many headphones. That would be what I personally would buy instead of a thx

1 Like

True, but the measurements do say it is ever so slightly better. I guess I didn’t stress the slightly better point enough.

1 Like

700$ for the pleasure. is it that big a step up from the Sp200 260$. 440$ more?

I don’t know if it would be a ‘step-up’ necessarily… but it is a bit like getting 3 amps in one… in terms of being able to get different sound/coloration, so the price isn’t bad, IMO.

Coloration? i thought they were just different amperage