The DEALS thread

I just received my HE-560 v4’s about an hour ago.
I’m running them on my Asgard 3

Bellow is a few ramblings about them:

Balanced and neutral but not boring

Good extension into the highs without being harsh. Some sparkle.

Mids sound full without being forward or scooped

Bass extends deep, but impact is very mild

Soundstage is above average, but not super wide.

Imaging I would say slightly below average for the category/price, but still good.

Bottom line is I’m enjoying what they have to offer especially at $270, but if I had to pick one headphone to live with for an extended period of time, there’s others I would pick.

For the price, these are a refined neutral planar worth having. However if anyone thinks they’re worth the full retail of $900 they should have they’re head examined.

9 Likes

Sounds like the Sundara is still the Planar King in that price bracket.

That’s probably the case, unfortunately I don’t have a Sundara on hand to compare with.
Though it may depend on what one is looking for in a planar. To restate, they are neutral, but definitely not boring.

I did order a pair from hifigo for $290 last week. at a $20 different it should be interesting. If its a $70 difference, that’s boarding on a different price category. Of course lets see if hifigo even ships it or if I need to fight for me $290 back. its been a week and no movement on the order.

I just got them too, and while I do not know how to describe how headphones sound (I should after owning 5 headphones), I must say that they sound so good. Compared to the Audeze EL-8, which is the closest headphone to the HE-560 that I own, the Hifimans are truly on another level. For $270 they’re really worth it and may even be endgame if you don’t want to go deeper into the rabbit hole.

1 Like

$50 off new RNHPs at Sweetwater. Free shipping.

4 Likes

Just so you know, twenty James Bond movies can be watched for free on YouTube right now. I guess that counts as a deal.

RIP Sean Connery (yeah, it’s probably the reason why they’re doing this).

9 Likes

it’s not a sale, persay…but for us Canucks, Headphone Bar has Campfire Cascades in stock for $999.

That’s the regular price in Canada.

yeh. I mention it though as the Cascades have been an unobtanium product, so just put out there someone had actual inventory.

Interesting one off for sale of a Druid Mk V.

Obviously a customer is upgrading theirs to a new Mk VI and Zu is being the intermediary. It’s a fair deal I would say but it’s just that you don’t run across these things often to begin with, especially with a 60 return policy from the original manufacturer.

If I was in the market and had the 7 grand to chuck at it, definitely would pull the trigger on these. IMO the color is a detriment but different strokes. Six grand with a less controversial color three months from now when I typically get my bonus would have been asking for too much I guess. lol

1 Like

i got a code for 10% off audeze LCD-1’s

1 Like

FYI Qobuz has a sale on their downloads.

1 Like

Thanks! This includes most of the label Erased Tapes, which has Kiasmos and Olafur Arnalds. One been wanting to get Kiasmos forever but I’ve never seen it on sale.

1 Like

Does ebay count? While searching ebay, I came across this Tygr 300r for $190.89. might be more worth it to wait for Beyerdynamic to get back in stock if they still don’t charge tax or shipping on their site.

Hopefully this thread picks up Hugely on Saturday morning. :laughing:

2 Likes

https://dekoniaudio.com/
$5 OFF orders over $25 and $10 OFF orders over $50.
“5OFF25”
“10OFF50”
Ends on 1/1/21

7 Likes

For the Canadian folks out there
TTAUDIO have a 15% off store wide with the code “Holiday2020”
End 03/01/2021

They sell IEM like Moondrop Starfield, SSR, KXXS and other like TinHifi T2…
1 Like

For anyone that missed out on the last few sales over the holodays.

8 Likes

Koss on-ears are as good of a deal as ever. With how often they drop the price of the Porta Pros, they’re going to be $20 normally one day. :laughing:

I wish Koss would lower the price of the KSC75 back to $15 again. Not like $20 is a bad buy, but… $15.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks I’m picking up a pair of the KPH30i’s. Looks like the tan colorway is not available on Amazon… I’ll go for white/blue instead

2 Likes