The DEALS thread

Laugh Out Loud

Sorry I missed that one. Would’ve been worth trying for $60.

1 Like

Audeze does this with their email marketing all the time. Every time I open the email for whatever B Stock sale they may be running, everything decent is sold out. I’m not sure how good it is, but I’ve not heard a lot of great things about the iSine10 which it takes its tuning from

Talked to a Hifiman rep and asked very nicely a few friends of mine want Sundara (since deal is scheduled to end on the 8th)
“special29” for $29 off new pair of Sundara’s
Hifiman won’t have stock for long, and $350 is the current lowest price everywhere
Also not sure how many uses they have, get them now!

1 Like

If anyone has tried the Arya and is interested in getting a new one soon, from Hifiman directly, PM me.

ESS 422H Headphones | Drop

My last effort to selfishly grow enthusiasm for this Drop, so we can share experiences with a polarizing pair. $125 (originally $200) for a walnut-cupped 2-way hybrid with AMT tweeties. Beautiful materials and excellent potential inside!

Yes, they 100% need pad swap, and a candidate for Shure 1540 pads - which makes them look so very beautiful… So, not plug and play, but I’m anticipating good things with a bit of modding. (Perhaps out of the box even making sure the drivers are installed the same way… ooof!)

Tempting… but it seems like QC is worse than Koss lmao. How the heck do you put on the drivers upside down… sometimes.

Ugh, but nice wood, cool tweeter…

Beyer TYGR 300 R for $149 (plus tax) free shipping. Came out to $162 to California.

1 Like

Sold!!! LOL

2 Likes

The Senn HD660’s are on Drop for $400.00.

2 Likes

Damn. Was getting close to pulling the trigger on the HD6xx, but the 660s is now tempting me instead. A bit more money, but it includes a balanced cable so that would be an additional cost with the 6xx.

Double. Could get a great aftermarket cable for a modest price.

Yes, but it is a 4.4mm. What kind of gear are you going to run them with?

I ended up buying a 4.4mm to XLR adapter on Amazon for about $40.00. My 660’s and Cascades both came with 4.4mm cables.

iFi Zen Can. Has 1/4" unbalanced or 4.4mm balanced headphone jacks.

1 Like

If it were me I’d get the 6XX even if it was the more expensive one.

1 Like

Get the 6xx and the extra $200 you save goes into the fund for a BHC.

1 Like

What is a BHC?

Bottlehead crack. The 6xx and BHC pairing is magical. :ok_hand:

1 Like

@A1300 I think this is good advice. 6xx scales up so well, moreso than 660s, and comes to life on a tube amp more than the 660s does. It will be with you longer if you go this route.

2 Likes

Personally, I like the 660 better, and it isn’t amp picky at all. You can get them pretty regularly used or open box for $350 or less though.

1 Like