The DEALS thread

If you’re going for a tube amp, the HD600/HD6XX is the way to go.
But for anything else, the HD660’s will be a better partner, IMO.

T60RP $45 off with coupon clip on amazon. Plus they are offering monthly payments on these, so 5 payments of $51 with no interest after the savings. I don’t own any wood headphones currently so seems like a good place to start.

Fostex RP Diaphragm Stereo Headphones (T60RP) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07995MGX7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DM89HRC7D7XP9VNMX4CA

5 Likes

TEMPTING. So F$%#ING tempting. Not the best price, but damn tempting.

But then I’ve got a brand new pair of T50RP MKII on my shelf and have settled on perfect mods for me through my first T50RP. :sob:

Speaking of T60RP, this is a limited edition bundle that Amazon Japan has for much lower price than the Fostex online store - comes with a matching wooden headphone stand, an official XLR balanced cable and a HPA4-BL with wooden chassis that you can’t buy anywhere else. It costs about £200 more to buy them separately

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Fotec-T60RP-BP-Balance-Pack/dp/B07N7VB73G

Amazon JP does global shipping via DHL at affordable prices

2 Likes

I’ve never seen an XLR input oriented that way.

I like that the bottom of the headphone stand is just one of the cups.

3 Likes

And it has a little hole for the 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter! Isn’t it clever lol

Seeing your earlier post got me looking. Amazon.ca has these on sale right now:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07995MGX7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_F18SBBBVS3M8K2JPGA07

Nice looks to be roughly the same deal.

Dang puller the trigger on the T60s. Got Argon 50s i love but wth its only money rite. HaHaHaHa.

Plus dont have any wood cups yet and they look very nice for that price.

2 Likes

I put them in my shopping cart yesterday. Checked back today and the price dropped again.
I HAD to hit checkout. :grinning:

Not coming until March 2nd though.

1 Like

I don’t see much discussion/ or anybody really talking about the t60 argons on here. Maybe not enough of them in the wild right now with how busy the one man operation is currently.

1 Like

Me! I have a T60 sent in so expecting it to come back in a few months time. For the aesthetics really I don’t see it as a radical departure from T50 Argons. I think there’s maybe like one or two users here who own the T60RP Argon. Also cost is another factor the base price is 150USD more than T50

2 Likes

Nice! I’m going to give them some time and see how I feel before jumping straight to the argons. I Have not owned or listened to any of the RP line, or Fostex in general for that matter, but love the look of them. Plus amazon so easily returnable.

My T60 Argons took 27 weeks to arrive. So yes not too many in the wild. I love mine though.

Hefty wait time, but sounds to be worth the wait. For you, what changed the most from the stock T60’s?

That is why I wrote ahead to see what kind of time frame I was looking at.

Interested to hear your take on the differences the Argon made.

Etymotic Research Limited Edition ER2XR Extended Response High Performance in-Ear Earphones (Limited Edition Compatible iPhone Adapter and New Dual Flange Tip Assortment)

camelchart-locale-usasin-b005fep5f6pricetypes-amazonforce-1zero-0w-358h-430desired-falselegend-0ilt-1tp-allfo-0lang-en2021-02-1412_28_29

1 Like

@ShaneD
I never had the stock T60RP headphones. Sorry. Based on all the reviews of the stock T60, it was a planar with rolled off bass which I had basically zero interest in. The T60RP Argons don’t slack in the bass department (with the right pads, see below).

Although my friend @Gravitas has heard both the T60 stock and Argon (and I believe he recently bought some used T60RP Argons) so feel free to hit him up. By the way, you absolutely want BEEFY amplifier power to get the most out of the Argons. They are seriously power hungry planars.

Semi-relevant: here’s my small pad rolling adventure with the T60 Argon.

1 Like

I just got the Jamo S803s in White for $141 out the door. Parker Gwen, they’re more of a home decor store. They have a ton of stuff in the Jamo line on sale for 40% off, including the C91 II’s if you’re interested in those.

Here’s a link for $10 off your order, too.

3 Likes