The DEALS thread

Anyone having trouble with their Gift Card Codes @ Linsoul?

Yes. I am trying to buy the Hook-X and the code does not work. It says it is not valid for items in my cart.

2 Likes

That’s an amazing deal!

How’s the bass on this one?

Very very good, but in the same way the HE6 benefits from a grill mod, there’s more to be had than just stock. They measure pretty much flat like the HE6 in the bass extension and respond with a grill mod and pads similarly. Grills will lift the really deep sub bass and a proper pair of pads can help boost the rest and results in a pretty damn good bass level that is crystal clear and doesn’t muddy the rest of the FR. It gives a really nice amount of presence and room info.

Here’s @hawaiibadboy measurement of his HE6se V2 with just a grill mod I believe and pads will lift that lower mid bass a bit. All in for like $230 with grills and pads, they’re a steal but they are very very hard to drive. They aren’t an HE6, but they’re still difficult.

There’s a mesh style grill someone makes now that looks a little safer than the honeycombs but I do like how the honeycombs look. HIFIMAN fabric mesh grill | eBay
I really like either Brainwavz XL Micro Suede gaming pads or these in 115mm: Universal 70-120mm Replacement So Soft Foam Ear Pads Cushions For Sony For Akg For Beyerdynamic Headphones - Earphone Accessories - AliExpress

1 Like

I just watched HBB’s basshead earphone rec’s and I was gonna grab the Focus EDM’s from Aliexpress for way more. Just grabbed these, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Just picked up the edm set. Good call. I would not have picked up at full price, but over 50% off was hard to pass up. I think there’s only a few left now. Is the special edition the edm, but without the one year warranty?

yes special offer is the EDM with no warranty imo a bit risky but idk if focus has had much of qc issues
no problems with my vocal so far

1 Like

Let’s hope. $84 makes it a little more palatable. Curious how it compares to Fhe.

Don’t think you’ll find a BNIB under $2k better than this:

2 Likes

iFi AUDIO micro iDSD Signature DAC/Amp is on sale for $450. I have the old version and absolutely love it. I use it in my desktop at home, my work computer and when traveling.

https://www.adorama.com/ifi303017.html?emailprice=t&sterm=3Xe3iXzJsxyIWWlUiWxY0w1MUkDz0UWXvQWw200&utm_source=rflaid62905

2 Likes

I think that means you could probably pay them $2500 for a BNIB HE1000se because of the upgrade program.

Some good 618 deals on HiFiGo. There are also giving away a unit of the Moondrop KuroNeko.

2 Likes

I was waiting for a hifigo event like this, but now the eur/usd exchange rate isn’t what it used to be anymore few months ago :frowning:

On a different note: the eur/yen price isn’t bad. Can buy a Blessing 2 for 230 Euro from Japan incl shipping and taxes :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

Which website do you use for Japan?

amazon.co.jp

1 Like

Just got an email from Adorama. Crazy deal on some insanely good entry towers. They’re a little v shaped but fun and decent bass extension. Decent clarity and nice wide soundstage. Had them in a 5.1 system a few years back and they were surprisingly good for how cheap they were (i think i paid around the same price they are now. Only gripe I had with them was raw detail (which wasn’t bad at all, just not mind blowing) and the little atmos indents for height channels, which I guess to the right person could be a plus.

Jamo s809 (deal seems to only be the black ones) pair for $220:
https://www.adorama.com/ja1064325.html?emailprice=t

5 Likes

For $99 they’re quite appealing as a BT set - but they really are getting long in the tooth now, these came out in 2013. Depending how long this price lasts they could be bought to flip for $200 soon after but there’s no telling how long it will last - Adorama had cheap ER2XRs for simply an age, and it wrecked the used market value during that time.

Old BA tech is not worth it compared to newer sets IMHO.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I’m playing with my home theater right now, and these seem like a great value.

2 Likes