The DEALS thread

sweet little all around stack?

1 Like

Really depends on your preference tbh, both are great :+1:

1 Like

Yeah. $300 difference… Would be more for enjoyment listening vs monitoring. Hear the elegia is light on bass. Like hd600 light? Not sure what people are comparing it to.

Hmm, if you are worrying about bass performance, I would say the aeon 2 does bass better, but I still enjoy the bass on the elegia

1 Like

Monolith by Monoprice Electrostatic Headphone with Amplifier $300
Monolith by Monoprice M300 In Ear Planar Magnetic Earphones $50
Monolith by Monoprice M650 Open Back Over Ear Headphones $80

2 Likes

absolutely not like the HD600
it´s not light on bass, at all if you listen to music with deeper parts
for some music with less down reaching lows… there is a small shelf or dip between the the lows and the low mids - this helps with bleeding into the mids
make sure you have a good sealing and you get fun bass all the day, if you play the music it is represented

1 Like

Yeah if you have glasses I would not suggest the elegia as it is somewhat dependant on seal

1 Like

like most closed backs

have no problems with seal, wearing my RayBan - not that I would do this often
with thicker sides on some glasses most closed backs loose an amount down low

1 Like

$311.86 - Get it in RED or Black!

$320 - https://apos.audio/products/xduoo-ta-20-tube-amp

For those looking for a balanced Tube Amp.

As mentioned on the “What did you buy today?” thread.

~$360 on Amazon

1 Like

80$ for Beryllium drivers :thinking: interesting.

Nothing above 10khz though (no “air”) ? Is this graph accurate?

I’ll be buying these soon I think. Nice review by Joshua Valour.

how does the TA-20 stand up to the Darkvoice?

1 Like

Here’s oratory’s measurement of the M650:

Looks like a yikes for me dawg

1 Like

Looks good if you love warmth.

1 Like

holy recessed high range batman!!!

I know I’ll love this +5dB @ 100hz. A bit like my HD58Xs. They’re open, too.
It looks worse than it is. Funny how half the graph is under 500hz.

Also, that’s with the pleather pads or the velour pads?
Apparently pleather = boomy bass, and velour = more neutral/natural (but still that +5dB @ 100hz yes).

I like the price but I’m unsure if I should instead save up for a more noticeable change. I’m currently using HD600 with a darkvoice and modi3. I know that zeos said to not just get a tube amp but I couldn’t resist and was tired of my old fiio E10.

I also hear that planars aren’t good with tubes but then again zeos said on a review, don’t remember which, that the planars still sounded good to him on tubes. Sooo… Help.

That really depends on the design of the tube amp. With your darkvoice I wouldn’t recommend a planar on there as it could sound wonky. Also the 600 + tube is just :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I do love the sound of my 600s on the DV, maybe I should just chill out for a bit. I also just bought the new HD280 cause I wanted closed pair.

In your opinion, is there a hifi pair of cans that would fit the DV well and would basically do what the 600s do but “better”, if there is such a thing. That wouldn’t muder my wallet, I would add.