The DEALS thread

Ahhh, just yanking your chain dude. You make a valid point, don’t get me wrong. I think Brandon put it better than I ever could.

1 Like

I mean what iem is not forgotten now though. You aren’t wrong about the kima not being successful but I don’t think it had to do with the price on that one

1 Like

I kinda do though. It is 1000% unremarkable for the $109 asking price. Frankly, it would need to be half the price to have had any staying power

But even at half the price would it be remarkable? This is purely my opinion but if something is meh it doesn’t really matter what price it is. It’s always gonna be meh. Then there are things that fall under remarkable but not worth the asking price. Like the ie600 is remarkable but it’s not worth $700 imo. Then there is stuff that is price bracket defining and those are obviously remarkable.

I guess tl;Dr unremarkable != Overpriced to me

We should move this convo out of deals though

1 Like

Fair enough. As for Legato, we do need to see if it’s bringing something to the table that will make it stand out. If it does, then it absolutely will be a deal

1 Like

I think $100 for a 2DD IEM is competitive. There are now hybrids at $80 to $110 like Hexa or Galileo.
If they had priced legato at $200 range like Timeless that would be a tough sell because the $200-$300 price bracket is tough to crack.

Dekoni’s new headphone EA discount in exchange for waiting 2 months for shipping

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Kanto-Universal-Headphone-Silicone-Headphones/dp/B081FKYM1W
saw they had it on drop but turns out it’s the same price on amazon from Kanto’s amazon store
edit: Kanto headphone stand on sale for $29

2 Likes

Schiit has some 115V silver Magni 3+ on Closeout for $79.

https://www.schiit.com/b-stocks?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2cWgBhDYARIsALggUhogU0qF2UhkL0z0xGCCSM2KvbhbgIqewJh2H4YlWdu7s0zHx8qnUoQaAmoUEALw_wcB

1 Like

Insane price. $700 for MEST MKII.

The lucid folk usually sell their pair for around $800-$900, but for 700 bones … jeez.

2 Likes

From the Official Monoprice store on Ebay. Monoprice has been having tons of sales across all their products from monitors to foam. Only sales for headphones however seems to be the Monolith M1070. At a price of $170 on ebay, $170 on amazon, and $200 bucks on their websites it is a pretty solid option for someone looking to grab a beginner planar headphone down from $300.

1 Like

1570C on their website is $210

For those looking at new TT, Cambridge Audio Alva ST is $599 at Amazon.

Damn I felt good getting mine for $740 that was a killer deal there. Awesome for for whoever got them.

1 Like

Big facts, my friend. $700 is a slammer of a deal, honestly.

Monoprice doing it again lol. MLP down to $340.

Excellent amp for that price.

3 Likes

Almost lowest price it has ever been.

Man, I am conflicted here! If I didn’t already have the TA-20 hybrid, I would have ordered this already. But I do have the TA-20 and have a bit of money invested into the 12AU7 tubes it uses. I just don’t know if the LP is any real kind of upgrade from what I already have to justify re-investing in a different tube type (6922).

Input would be welcome here.

Oh man. With the target card that $171.59.
I already have an Asgard 3 as my primary SS amp, but this is tempting.

1 Like

The MLP is even cheaper on ebay for those who are looking to buy it at $288 compared to $340 on the monoprice store

3 Likes