The DEALS thread

I know the Gaea isn’t for everyone but this seems like a really solid deal.

Add “MARCH15” to get back to that $288, which is the low I think we’ve seen — except that screw-up they did at $164.99 that they didn’t honor and I cried about.

I ordered today. Will give it a run stock before I start looking at potential tube swaps and power supplies. Ugh - why do I do this to me?! Starting to wonder if I should put a good preamp at desk and run 2.1/two headphone amps from that. Given I’ll possibly have two solid and complimentary headphone amps without preamp capability.

1 Like

With the discount code @lrjshabaz just shared it gets under $290, which is pretty nuts.

I sometimes regret selling that amp. It paired really well with HiFiMan, Sennheiser, Beyer, and some Audeze. As long as you’re not trying to drive an HE6, it’s excellent. I haven’t heard that XDuoo but I’d be shocked if it doesn’t outperform it.

4 Likes

Copy that. Thanks for the response. No HE6 here, no plans to get one either. If another headphone does join the fleet, I have a feeling it’s going to be either the Audeze MM-500 or the HiFIMAN Arya. The LP should drive those well.

I guess I have to just think about it and make a decision. The only things holding me back at this point are the tubes, really. Having to invest in a whole new tube type is not sitting well at the moment. I have been very happy with the 12AU7 and have no idea how the 6922 will stack up.

1 Like

me - I don’t need another tube amp
the deals - yes you do :joy:
trying to negotiate with someone selling a cap modded + extra set of tubes Liquid Platinum otherwise I’ll jump on the new price

5 Likes

I just put a couple things for sale up on CAM. If I sell one of them this weekend, I will likely buy this amp again. It is one of the few things that I have sold that I kind of miss. $288.00 is insane! A few years ago I was thrilled to pay $599.00US. I could now land a brand new one for just over half of what I paid a few years ago. It would be crazy not to buy. :grin:

It is like when I got the LP I was going to sell the Liquid Spark. I even had a local buyer. Then I backed out. I thought that for the few bucks I would get, I would get more enjoyment even using it just the odd time. I put it in my home office with the “outdated” SMSL SU-8. Nice desktop music system. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Re: LPlat…iyo is SE good too or is this one which should be definitely used
as balanced?

Should definitely used the balanced headphone output. Doesn’t make much difference if you use balanced or SE input.

2 Likes

Been thinking about giving a tube amp a try and this Ebay offer was just too good to pass up. For me tubes were socks or a band😁

This store is super weird.

Some items are priced correctly and some aren’t … looks legit on the exterior but there’s some f’ery going on here ….

US $89.00 | Thieaudio Oracle MKII NEW 2022 Updated Studio In-Ear MonitorsTribrid King 1DD+2BA+2EST In-Ear Monitor
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msOeNaK

I’m an idiot. But I’m gonna leave this here for everyone to have a laugh :smirk:

4 Likes

CABLE ONLY :slight_smile: If you select the IEMs the price will change.

I stand corrected :upside_down_face: long day :rofl:

2 Likes

I getcha…you need a stereo amplifier that costs 4x as much as you can buy the HE6 for now! <_<

Classic bait and switch not your fault.

Yep same here, the MLP was a solid performer and had a nice tone to it. Worked the HEX v2, LCD2.2pf and TH900’s like a champ. Sounded really good with the Bifrost 2.

3 Likes

I have this longer-range vision in play. The next things I buy will be a level up from what I am rockin’ now. Gonna take some saving to make it happen and I’m trying to avoid distractions like those! Besides, I don’t think the HE6 will work well with my current amplification lineup. However, I have always wondered about the LP. The current price point makes it a worthy deviation. I haven’t ruled it out yet, so…

1 Like

well…keep in mind how much the HE6 used to sell for. it’s not selling for that now due to so many other options out there distracting things…but it’s an excellent headphone…but it needs real power to do it justice and the amps recommended are like $2K :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe you’ll find an interesting side trip on your long range jouney… :wink:

2 Likes

Well, enough mental torture! At the current price point of the Liquid Platinum, it would be almost foolish not to try it. I did the measurements, and the LP will drop right on to the desktop in place of the TA-20 with very little adjusting of the other components. I have been watching and they seem to be going fast, so I just pulled the trigger. Should be here Friday. :+1:t2: As mentioned earlier, I think this is a worthy deviation from the longer-range plan to take. At least I will have the question answered!

7 Likes

I tried to buy about 11 times already. I keep running into Pick a Shipping address after I have already entered it. And then when I get past that, it changes the payment method and asks me to enter credit card info. Argh!!

1 Like

their sites been broke all day lol

1 Like