The DEALS thread

boo! the MT-602 has already sold through :frowning:

I always thought that XA-10 looked pretty cool, I just don’t have much use for it.

Good to see it back, tremendous deal. I grabbed one and passed along my XD-05 Basic.
Love the MT-601 at $45, there’s a lot of HFG folks that should grab that just to play with, very in the spirit.

The MT-603 would have had so much greater functionality with a pot on it, it always confused me - but could be a fun tube buffer input switch ahead of a SS headphone amp. Such good pricing here.

3 Likes

could you mod a pot on?

A few too many projects, and distance from this to take that on. I can set it on top of one of the Schiit Sys that I have not in use. I miss the simple times.

1 Like

Yeah, kind of sad. That’s the only one I’d have been interested in. 601 doesn’t have enough juice for what I need. Oh well….

1 Like

It’s been tried before. Not a mod I’d attempt myself.

31W+oBoplIL

9 Likes

I wasn’t meaning literally but rather inquiring if that is a common community mod / upgrade for that model. :slight_smile:

Here’s the latest on the secondary market for good deals on used stuff:

Topping A50S Headphone Amplifier used $82

Monolith 133304 Liquid Spark Headphone Amplifier $60 used

Monolith Liquid Gold X Balanced Headphone Amplifier $442

SMSL HO200 $259 used

SMSL DO200 MKII MQA DAC $328

KGUSS Mini Audio Component Rack for Amp/DAC stacks $26.50 used

Topping D30 Pro Full Balanced DAC $200 used

Topping D30 Pro Full Balanced DAC $200 used

SMSL VMV D1se Hi-res MQA DAC ES9038PRO used $503

SMSL AO200 Digital Power Amplifier $140 used

S.M.S.L SH-6 Amp $100 used

SMSL DO100 USB DAC ES9038Q2Mx2 used $167

2 Likes

Shiiiiiit… Must resist :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

if you have that kind of coin just lying around, I hate you. that can be fixed you get me the Elegia or HD600 though… :wink:

2 Likes

lol no I have nothing lying around, I am stupid and make stupid financial decisions

Hope that helps :smile:

1 Like

I have an extra one lying around that I am not using if you want to pay shipping and a few bucks. Og box and all that.

2 Likes

Not the biggest markdown but it’s not one you see pop up. Just saying it’s out there

I could be wrong but these prices sound absolutely stellar.

2 Likes

I’m still confused by the Szalayi, because I loved it when I had it but the early gain in every other case causes sibilance for me… plus other spots in the FR… but it sounded fine to me. Still a mystery.

Correct that these are great prices, when I saw this earlier I thought the price was just for the Sza.

Oriolus has hit $300 before, but it’s several months between each appearance. The Sza hasn’t hit that even without cable, as far as I know, so whoever has that amount of money should give it a go. Unfortunately even at a great value, it’s way out of line with my budget.

This is one of those “I hope I can look away until it sells” listings.

5 Likes

I’ve heard good things about the Sza, notably from @JAnonymous5150 so this piqued my interest for sure. Alas, just as you, these are well out of my immediate budget.

2 Likes

Look away my friend. To good of a price to pass up. I know at @JAnonymous5150 was willing to send his on tour however, if there’s a chance I like it this was to hard to pass by. Will help keep my loses a lot lower if I don’t like it.

6 Likes

You are on another level, just cleaning up the classifieds, brother!

3 Likes

Damn that’s a pretty nice deal on the Sza especially, I definitely need to try an oriolus iem at some point