The DEALS thread

Elegia $429 deal back again

https://www.adorama.com/fofelegia.html?sdtid=14073728&emailprice=t&sterm=3KAU-bQ6sRJj2xU2VHV83VlKUkiUiS09rwsAQM0&utm_source=rflaid62905

12 Likes

F… me. I try to stay on a straight and sober path, without purchases outside the plan and this HP at this price is messing that all up!!! :imp: :imp:

2 Likes

I feel the same pain but I was pondering in the morning that I have too many HP and I just wont buy more .after Eikon came in I just dont have time to use other HP. But that price is very tempting :smiley:

1 Like

Any good 4h of july sales going on?

buy it. Buy it now. So fucking worth it.

3 Likes

Monoprice M570 on sale for $250
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=39256&cl=res&utm_source=200704_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=39256&utm_campaign=200704_saturday&deliveryName=DM8585

Ugh. They won’t be there by the time I’m ready and just grabbed 6xx.

safe and sound has parasound amps on sale 25-40% off

2 Likes

Akg k702 for 129$

https://www.adorama.com/akk702.html

Amazon:

3 Likes

Hmmm… Tempting… Can anyone give a quick synopsis about the K702, and what they would be recommended for?

Analytical headphone, extremely large soundstage with some inaccuracies in it’s imaging though fairly minor, fairly light with velour pads and has an optional pad swap that is much more comfortable from yaxi seen here https://www.amazon.ca/YAXI-K7XX_NMR-K712-Q701-Comfort/dp/B07SZ441B6 these pads will give pros and cons though. pros Greater bass extension and slam, Enhanced vocal body, More coherent imaging, Cleaner background, More comfortable Cons: Reduced vocal extension and clarity, Reduced separation, Narrower soundstage. Sound signature is fairly recessed bass yet rather natural sounding with mids and highs being pushed forward with a very nice detail overall to the headphone however the brightness can be seen as a touch bit too much for some people and some state the details are “artificial” due to the treble peak. Treble isn’t as smooth as I would like but is fairly airy

1 Like

Any particular kind of situation these would be good for, or any particular genera of music?

Sounds like they can be a bit pad dependent.

I don’t believe I am terribly treble sensitive, as unlike most I don’t find my DT990 to be sharp by any means.
Oh, tubes: do they do much when tubes come into play? Or are they one that just doesn’t care?

I like them for more classical style music or music that can really make the highs shine so stuff with like violins and orchestras sound really nice on this headphone from my personal experience. Just keep in mind it is analytical so it’s going to pick out those errors in a mix. For live music that extremely large soundstage is more noticeable

eh not particularly but it does help. I use those same pads on my k7xx absolutely wonderful in terms of comfort though it does make the bass just a hair too much for me in terms of it being muddy for k7xx so I equalized it down… k702 reacts a bit better with them

You should be just fine in this case since you can stand the 990 over there. This isn’t some ethereal headphone it’s just a brighter headphone with a bit of a peak on it. If the peak is an issue you can equalize it or make sure you pair it to a setup that can dial in the treble a little more and it will work just fine.

I actually find them fairly decent on tubes though I don’t have a straight tube amp I recently got rid of my k702 since I liked the k7xx a lot more, I love my bass, but it did add some nice warm tones to the recessed bass and bring them more into the mix as well as adding some more warm tones to the mids it was a welcome change in my opinion. More so if it can reign in the treble more like my LP tends to do. Not absolutely required for tubes but a nice touch for a change in the sound.

Here @BluJay614 this may help as well

Vs it’s brother the k612

The only real difference for k612 is that it has shallower pads, attached cable, and a slight more coloration. K612 is much cheaper

vs it’s other brother k7xx

k702 is seen as brighter but lacks in the lower bass in comparison to the k7xx

Hmm… I have been fighting myself on biting the bullet and buying the NieR:Automita Concert/Orchistral soundtrack (actually got a little caught up listening on my Jamos… :drooling_face:)

K7XX has been on my radar, but have yet to pull the trigger… Perhaps pick up both, see which I like more, then sell the other? :man_shrugging:

AHH!! GRAPHS!!! hisses like a cat
Joking, I just don’t care that much for graphs.

Absolutely love that soundtrack it’s so good! I do think that the bass may just be a hair too lacking for this kind of soundtrack though. Would be alright and you can of course alter it.

k7xx is more fun less bright bit more on the bass k702 is more analytical more bright less bass. K712 on the other hand is the actual bassy one of the series and definitely the more fun headphone Least from my experience though. I didn’t like the k712 as much the bass sounded off to me. K7xx had a better tonality Edit: I should add you can mod the k712 since it’s essentially just the q701 and add qutie a bit of bass to it seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DsUnutSzw

I figured I would post it to show just the differences with some explainations in the sound for comparison… it helps in some cases… and others here may also be interested in that headphone.

2 Likes

Mod posted above in that video does work on the k702 as well.

Falenkor i thought you just got started in this hobby. how many headphones do you have?

BTW how does the 702 and 7xx compare to the 712?

I did indeed but have enough time and funds to go into quite a lot of headphones amps and dacs. lol put it this way… I have enough headphones to satisfy me for now. K702 was a fairly recent audition I had picked up around the same time period as the Helios. Right before the helios I was trying the k702 since I liked the k7xx figure why not try the more analytical variation who knows maybe I would appreciate it more… Eh, I liked the k7xx a lot more.

All 3 have dialed back bass… k712 has some of the most bass in terms of quantity but is pretty close to the k7xx. fairly negligible honestly. K712 has a bit more neutral sound to the mids with a slight touch of warmth meanwhile k7xx has it raised in the lower and central mids and hits a hard roll off in the later high mids to low highs and it’s noticeable as it adds some relatively “dark” sounding tone to the treble K712 probably has the most balance in the treble and pretty close to neutral it’s not as peaky to my ears. K7xx has some peaks after that big dip and k702 is definitely the brighter headphone.

Honestly, outside of k702 just being quite a bit brighter they seem to be side grades. Details, soundstage, seperation, comfort. Close to being on the same level and depends on what kind of sound you want.

1 Like

Thanks. I just tried to buy it but i get an error “exceeded warehouse quantity limit” im trying to buy just one :man_shrugging:

Out of stock maybe? Though sounds like just an error… you can find the k702 in a few other places for around that same price… they have it priced at pretty much it’s actual worth in EU the k702 is around 132 euros which is around $150 even. For you though yeah, I would definitely point you straight to the k702 since you love brighter headphones.