The Gold Planar Company

btw where are you getting these spectral decay graphs?

SBAF 10 characters

1 Like

http://www.audio160.com/news/2020/4/2020_1_55719.htm

My chrome browser just threw up after clicking on this, lol.

SBAF seriously needs a face lift I almost threw up looking at it

2 Likes

I swear not a virus (measurements so they might be a virus for those who actually enjoy music)

1 Like

Not the same though, cause its a ribbon

I mean an amt driver is a type off ribbon driver kinda, but design wise the 1200 does look like the hedd, but the amt 850 looks more like a hifiman

The HEDDphone is a folded ribbon AMT driver.

Wasn’t the Phantom driver German made?

The Helios driver is German made for ThieAudio. And ThieAudio made the Phantom. So i wouldnt be surprised if they used their connections made in Germany from the Phantom driver to make the Helios driver

1 Like

pretty sure the helios driver is german engineered chinese made. if it was german made that would be a big selling point on the page along side the german engineered comment

3 Likes

nvm ant is right did some quick googlin they are surprisingly german made

kinda dumb for them to say engineered rather than made as made is a bigger selling point then engineered to be honest

1 Like

doing some more googling and the only thing i found that stated german made was the headphonesty review but. nothing on the harmonicdyne page says that or any other review or page for it. what is going on? did the page get edited at some point or did headphonesty make a mistake?

I think it’s a mistake by headphonesty based on what you said above. “German engineered” usually means “not made in Germany”

edit: from the Indigogo page it implies the driver is manufactured in Germany, but assembly is most likely China

2 Likes

3 Likes

Just to the left of what Hazi circled says “German Made”, under the large Helios text in the video thumbnail.

nice catch

I still think it’s a translation thing tho. But who knows??