They work well together

Subjective I know but we have a lot of questions regarding what works best with what …Source, Dac/Amp and headphones etc…It would be great to see what we all rec as good combo’s we enjoy…

I’ll start…loving listening to Billy Cobham tonight via…

Amazon HD, iFi Micro, Little Dot mk2 and HD660’s

5 Likes

don’t lie to us Ob…you’re just saying that cause you need to justify the expense. :stuck_out_tongue:

have you tried the HD600’s on a tube? and is the Dot stock tubes or something more exotic installed?

2 Likes

Lol not a lot of expense there in the audiophile scheme of things, well not on here anyway?..It would still be good at any tier to see what people rec?

1 Like

Absolutely not lol…

1 Like

Honestly with this thread it would be great to see what matches we enjoy…:pound: not bothered it’s how you best enjoy your music and what makes you smile

1 Like

Sundara and asgard 3 multi
Dt770 250 and liquid spark and zen dac

One that’s new but I’m really enjoying is the dt880 600 and darkvoice with stock tubes

3 Likes

I’m going to 2nd this and add that it gets even better with upgraded tubes.

Another combo that really pleasantly surprised me: Liquid Spark + Dekoni Blue + Shure 1540 pads (I’m also assuming you can sub in the Fostex T50rp mk III for the Blues here). The Blues are power hungry and when insufficiently powered the bass gets really sloppy and boomy. The Liquid Spark handles them really well. To my ears, that combo synergizes even better than the Blues and Asgard 3. I don’t have a good explanation for this. For some reason, even though the Asgard has plenty of power, it also makes the Blues sound a bit bloated. With the Spark, the Blues are deep, powerful, clear, and musical.

2 Likes

I think it would be good to have a thread which members can post on what they rec as good combo’s… just good shit that works well together, source, Amp/Dac >>Dac and Amp>> HP’s and iem’s etc?

1 Like

Isn’t that what this is? :thinking:

2 Likes

No No that would be too easy LOL!!

2 Likes