Thieaudio Ghost

10% off at the mo on Ali…

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805027717056.html?ug_edm_item_id=1005005214031808&pdp_npi=2%40dis!GBP!£110.87!£110.87!!!!!%4021410e7616793142163405925d0507!12000032213594235!edm&edm_click_module=alg_product_l1r2_1375904380&creative_img_ind=1&tracelog=rowan&rowan_id1=aeug_edm_41180_1_en_US_2023-03-20&rowan_msg_id=sigrCOWS_41180_%2447a83a1bf91f431fba5003baddce9e6d&ck=in_edm_other&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

On linsoul also got some a sale…

For clarification, after taxes and shipping that deal @Ohmboy posted from aliexpress ends up more expensive than the current sale for ghost on linsoul.

I will admit that I have extreme doubts about these claims considering how the 109 pro is… $130 vs $700+ is quite a comparison. 109 pro is one of the headphones thats definitely on my wall so I will see for myself I suppose.

1 Like

Sorry I’m new to audiophile stuff i decided to get the ghost and i wanna pair it with a combo amp/dac idk if the DAC is useful any advice would be really helpful. I’m mainly using it on my pc for general use gaming music movies etc.

1 Like

Depends on your budget but a good all rounder is the IFI zen Dac, its a solid dac and amp (180$ if i remember correctly) , plenty of power and you can easly upgrade from it. And it has Xbass to give that extra kick which the cherry on top.

P.S if you can find the Gen 1 if can save a couple of bucks for the same performance as the Gen 2

Ghost‘ prices WITHOUT ship or tax in both store!

Linsoul: 116
Ali: 151

After i realized the ghost handle my busy tracks (metal,dnb etc) much better than the 109 ….i i i i dont know!109 pro was with those tracks a lot of time unlistenable! And i cant wait those 109 pro’s pads,but i honestly feel with the modded stock pads the ghost already that good as the meze :man_shrugging:t2:

I agree!But definitely use them on balanced!That 92db aint joke!
I think this cable suit for the ghost fckng nicely,i also ordered this! In full black that gold ring will be looking much nicer,not that cheap feeling!Its more $42 without shipping :slightly_smiling_face:

So I actually have that cable in 4.4mm fitted to the Ghost, I haven’t cut up pads as yet. My first headphones as I have been an iem on the move type person. Mangird tea, tancjims etc…

Initial impressions after burning them in for a good 36 hours.

Amp: topping D50s,A50s with linear supply.

I am really enjoying them, nicely balanced across the board. Definitely not a bass god, but has it where it’s needed. ( Dead prez ‘hip-hop’ is my go to for bass)

Kd Lang voice is clear and pleasant on ‘constant craving’ there is a a loss of the higher treble to my ears. (Pad mod may open that higher treble up)

For overall complexity/detail retrieval, separation of sound these are not detail monsters. But they are precise, and will give you majority of the pertinent sound.
I used 'Tool’s Tempest . 12.40 - 13.20 we get a treble, MIDs , high hats and with overlapping vocals with background and foreground vocals all at the same time, the ghost retains the lush very well, and lets me enjoy it.

Funny, I considered sundaras, XS , DT 880 600 etc…ending up with ghost…who would have think it.

I happily listened to them for a few hours without any fatigue, I run at 77db.

Definitely a relaxed easy listening.
Still to try them out on the cayin n3pro, might see how they sound on the tubes.

For the price was a steal.

Would like a recommendation for better pads that are available, not gonna wait on meze pads tbh.

1 Like

I suggest you cut out the middle of the pads foams!
Or instead the meze pads the dekoni shure pads looks nice choice!I think the meze’s pads little bit thicker and maybe wider(the ear hole)!i def waiting the meze’s pads!I glad you enjoy them,i like the ghost better than the sundara for example!!

1 Like

For those looking to pad swap it would appear most pads from dekoni that fit the beyer’s fit the ghost.

I think my ears are lost in the sauce at this point and I’ve lost all ability to judge sound, but thick chonker super soft leather pads make these headphones vanish on your head.

1 Like

Convenient, as I own almost every one of those pads from Dekoni for beyers, excluding the leather and perf leathers, as well as ZMF’s beyer pads. Though relatively confused, as this headphones pads are oval from the looks of it, so I am not quite sure how beyer pads are going to go about working on this headphone. Meze’s makes sense as they are slightly oval as well… but while people say beyers pads work on that meze 109 pro the pads shift around and like to come off(they are too big for the 109 pro)… so I really don’t know about all that

I would think that instead of beyers, one should be recommended pads that also fit the Shure line of headphones in this case… as the cup designs on the ghost are extremely similar

1 Like

Would you say Leather or valor works better? for the 109 i mean

Haven’t done much pad swapping when it comes to the 109 pro as nothing really fits easily in my collection onto this particular set of cans. Beyers are just too large and the lip that connects to the headphone from dekoni has too much leather causing it to not sit correctly on the headphone. When I tried changing it to the beyer pads there was a couple times I accidentally had a piece of the pad come disconnected from the headphone so I really don’t encourage this less you find a pair that fits easier(this is because the pads of the meze 109 pro are slightly oval and not fully rounded so the width of the beyer pads is too much on top of the lip of the pads being far too much in excess) Though as far as pad swapping? Something that breathes is definitely better for that set of cans as it naturally has a velour type material on it with leather(might be pleather actually) inside of the pad. Suedes are what I tried and while it altered the signature it wasn’t bad… it’s just I would gladly take stock over the ones I tried

2 Likes

Meze’s stock pads the way!Dekoni beyers pads little loose on the 109 pro but usable if you like the sound that way :man_shrugging:t2:!Can you show me how big the beyes pads on your meze?

1 Like

I did something like this already

seen there with a picture having one of the beyers pads on the headphone. I will say though that if people plan to mess with the meze 109 pro’s pads to be very gentle with them… I am in the process of purchasing new ones because their stitching can absolutely break relatively easy and they are quite fragile where the white portion shows on the pads where the fabrics stitched together.

The beyer pads do fit on the meze 109 pros its just a bit too wide

1 Like

We need to try every modes what we can :wink::smile:If its little wider no problem for me!

it’s only a problem for me in that its not properly sealing to the headphone which can alter the way the sound presents itself. If the pad slips off a part of the way it causes issues. The stock meze 109 pro pads fit very tightly into the seals on the headphone same way the original beyer dt 770,880,990 fit extremely tight. Having pads that can shift around like that and even potentially pop off if I adjust them a bit while on my head is a problem if you ask me.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, sorry I literally posted that and went to bed.
Use those curves if you got em ;). I think the ghost just has a good lip/groove for the pad to fit into and the headphone is small enough that if you have a stretchy round pad there is a chance it will fit just fine.

Sandor_Papp:
Meze’s stock pads the way!

Please report if you hear any improvements over the defoamed stock pads. Really interesting test! :slight_smile:

1 Like