šŸ”¶ ThieAudio Legacy 2

L2s arrived - first ramblings, these things are very enjoyable. Thought Iā€™d throw some Slipknot at them to see how they handle the percussion in particular - thereā€™s some serious snap and power/authority going on here (intro to [Sic], Eyeless, Surfacing, oh yes!). Something very good going on with Prongā€™s Snap Your Fingers,Snap Your Neck that surprised me as well (Iā€™m crap at trying to articulate this by the way) Tommy Victorā€™s guitar sounds just sounds so crunchy but clean with it. For Ā£85 and for a chunk of my library so worth it - my wallet doesnā€™t thank any of you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

(Disclaimer: checked out the hearing test vid @Resolution posted, apparently Iā€™ve the ears of a 50 year old - but Iā€™ll take that since Iā€™m 52 :wink:)

Edit: forgot to mention, comfort/fit very good (first Thieaudioā€™s Iā€™ve tried) - med spinfits (145) but guess i shouldā€™ve tried some of the stock tips first.

3 Likes

Donā€™t bother. Spinfits for the win. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Killin it!

2 Likes

Did a bit of tip rolling - youā€™re right I shouldnā€™t have bothered, spinfits all the way :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Another glowing recommendation for the Legacy 2!

2 Likes

The L 2s rock for 99 dollars the only buy in the under 100 dollar mark !

1 Like

Another outstanding shootout.

Question.
Any advice for a balanced 4.4mm cable for this L2 that will make sense (price/quality ratio)?
Will be using mostly with FIIO M11 Pro
My FH3 definitively improved with balanced 4.4mm cable via M11 Pro.
Looking for same result on my L2
Share your knowledge folks
Thanks in advance!

Can someone compare the legacy 4 to this?

Well I will answer to myself.
A simple Tripowin C8 with 4.4mm balanced did the trick with my M11Pro.
Soundstage definitively improved: volume, bass mid hi elevated and better separated.
If you have a balanced source get this or similar balanced cable a very good L2 as it is will get even better.

I just posted my review of the Legacy 2 in the Acho Reviews thread:

Itā€™s my first time posting in this forum then :'D

Here is my ThieAudio Legacy 2 review:

4 Likes