šŸ”¶ Thieaudio Legacy 3

Unfortunately already ordered the legacy 3ā€™s, but thanks for the reply

How do you think the L3 would perform with classical music (choir as well)/ instrumental jazz? I have the blons and am looking for an upgrade. (With a tighter, more detailed sound maybe)

Wellā€¦done did the deed boisā€¦ We shall see how long it takes to get here. Already shipped faster than my ex800st from Amazonā€™s own warehouse so hopefully this will be quick. Canā€™t wait for these puppies! 8)

2 Likes

Looking to upgrade from Tin T2s. So far I have these, Tapes and Starfields on my list. Would these be a great fit? Iā€™m a neutral kind of a guy. Also can I run them with a BTR3?

Maybe another set to consider?..

1 Like

They are supposed to be a nice upgrade to people whole like Blon BL03ā€™s, so definitely not a neutral sound signature.

They do seem intresting.

What are the L3s like?

Mine is still being delivered (3 weeks to go), just going by what BGGAR said in his review and then live web chat.

L3 (probably) and Tape (definitely) are not neutral. Starfield is a better choice if you want neutral.

Alright Iā€™ll probably try BO3ā€™s maybe pawn them off to a friend then decide.

So I got these through Amazon from Linsoul and they are using SF Express, like any word on how long it takes for it to show up in the system cus its been since the 3rd. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with that shipper etc.

Guys , Iā€™ve been torn between l3 and voyager 3 for past few days , Which is better purely on SQ ?

SFE tracking takes more than usual longer time to show up

1 Like

Got both and I personally think the V3 is the better IEM.
L3 has a better bass (a bit deeper and has that DD impact) but the V3 has better mids and detail overall plus the dip switches are way better integrated.
L3 is a bit smaller so fits a bit more snuggly.
TBH you canā€™t go wrong with either.

6 Likes

The answer that i need, Thanks !

Yeah, me two. Thx DaveB!

LEGACY 3 VS VOYAGER 3 VS SHUOER TAPE

I have bought all three and my thought is owning two of them. Which two? weā€™ll find out. Letā€™s first start with the main difference between Thieaudio and Shuoer tuning. In terms of tuning itā€™s not that wrong to group up voyager and legacy as they are quite similar actually.

Thieaudio: Both IEM on 02 Setting. Keyword smooth,intimate vocal,treble roll off.All these 3 goes hand to hand. In my ears :slight_smile: they are more towards the sennheiser tuning. Itā€™s not that they sound alike, just that compared to shuoer the sound more tilted towards the sennheiser side.

Shuoer : Keyword details/resolving, fun, treble. Listening to Shuoer my feet taps much easier. If I gave three people only 30 seconds to listen to each pair. I would guess most of them will choose the Shuoer. The power of v-shape I guess. If Thie more towards the Sennheiser sound, Shuoer is more towards Audio Technica in this case.

Technicalities

Soundstage : This one is very easy to describe. The Tape have a much more wider and horizontal space while thie provides more vertical and rounded sound. The sounstage of Thie reminded me a lot to 58X while the Tape to X2.

Imaging : In terms of imaging I would say there is no significant difference to tell. They all just nail it. You can pinpoint pretty much every instrument if you want.

Details : On first listen, Tape does provide more details. With Tape it does make it easier to hear all those sweeteners in a song. It doesnā€™t mean itā€™s lost in Thie IEM. Itā€™s a bit harder to hear it, but itā€™s still there. Thereā€™s no right or wrong in this case. More details does mean less focus on the other spectrum of the song especially mids.

Bass : In short Legacy 3 > Tape >> Voyager 3. The bass on Legacy 3 and Tape are quite similar. Lgeacy 3 provides more mid bass while Tape more towards the sub bass. Bass extension of both are very similar. Voyager 3 while provide enough quantity of bass. The lack of visceral slam of dynamic driver makes it kind of weak i would say.

Mids : Itā€™s the most interesting part. In short Voyager 3 > Legacy 3 > Tape. Warning: Voyager 3 does provide more intimate, smooth vocal/mids but it could be sibilant on some songs. Still D.R.E and Donā€™t u wait no more (Red Velvet) did sound harsh on Voyager 3. Well recorded songs or singers with smooth vocals (IU, Bill Wither, Momoko Kikuchi) will sound heavenly on Voyager 3. Legacy 3 push back the mids of Voyager just by a tiny bit. In my case, I think this trade off for the superior bass on Legacy 3 is well worth it. The recessed mids does prevent any sibilance in any song which is a huge plus for me. Tape still provide with good mids but Tapeā€™s tuning of just laying off every sound as an instrument including vocal does make you miss the intimacy of Thie lineup.

Treble/Highs : In short Tape > Voyager 3 > Legacy 3. I agree with @hawaiibadboy that there is no right or wrong in treble tuning. Itā€™s to taste. If you want to hear those cymbal crash and triangles more clearly than Tape does provide it. While thie doesnt do that, it is understandable to preserve their smooth sound siganature. It does also mean that Tape sounds more fatiguing after a longer listen. BUT Tapeā€™s huge venting does make it more comfortable to wear than Thie lineup. In this case with music on, they all provide much or less the same comfort, physically and sonically.

Conclusion
While Voyager 3 does provide much better technicalities beside the bass. Their tendency to be sibilant on some songs kind of kills it for me. Because of that I will keep Legacy 3 and Tape. Legacy 3 for itā€™s smooth, polite and intimate sound. Tape for enjoy to the max in your face sound. If I have to choose between one of them I will choose Legacy 3 as the better all rounder. Bonus : Legacy 3 have better cable, case and design.

7 Likes

Just got mine delivered today a couple of weeks ahead of the estimate which was a nice surprise. Some thoughts;

• Out the box, tips were missing but was planning on using my own anyway so no biggie.
  • Clockwork faceplate is really quite nice
  • Cable is nice, no urge to upgrade unless going balanced
  • Fit is excellent, massively better than the Blon 03
  • Both dip switches set to on is my prefered setting, with Comply issolation 400 tips the bass slams but with plenty of treble detail. In this config Iā€™m really liking this compared to the BL03.

Very happy so far, just spent 4 hours listening with zero fatigue or discomfort.

4 Likes

I also finished my review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As an FYI from what ive been told by Linsoul is that the L3 Mystique is slowly being produced like the L9 so Iā€™m still waiting for them to send it my way from production shortage/demand is my guess. Ordered back on 5-3-20. :frowning: Hope they are doing ok.

EDIT: AW04 is this porclein looking one. Linsoul has my respect for working with me to get this one. Super happy!

EDIT 2: heading my way now, will prob be held up for awhile, but Iā€™m stoked, nothing looks quite like this face-plate! Stoked :smiley:

2 Likes