🔶 Thieaudio Legacy 3

so after a bit of thought i think i’ll pass on the voyager 3 , And a bit more interested on L3 and Tanchjim Oxygen , How does this pair compare ? L3 and Tanchjim oxygen , are the oxygen still worth the money in 2020 ?

Legacy 3 vs urbanfun ybf

What does switch one boost and what does switch 2 boost?

Found this Theiaudio diagram.

2 Likes
1 Like

Wooh, Linsoul just released a whole load of cusomisation shell/faceplate options (a crazy amount)! Good job I still like my clockwork option but still a bit sad.

oh great. i ordered yesterday and none of those options were available :smiley:

Contact them, they will work with you, they treated me good, so I dont see why they won’t try to help you too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! I’ve penned out some thoughts after a few weeks with my Thieaudio Legacy 3. Hope it’s helpful :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I snagged a pair of the gear version off eBay a day or two before the custom plate/shell options popped up on Linsoul. I figure if I like them enough when they get here tomorrow I’ll probably order a pair of customs (the plate/shell, not ACTUAL customs) from Linsoul and then use the eBay pair until they get to me, which will probably take a while.

1 Like

Nice review of the L3’s and very informative. I am waiting for my pair to arrive(clockworks), prob within a week. I have been listening to the Cheecho and Peacock Spring, details, details,details…
I love these but maybe a little too much detail for me as I can’t listen for more than about 30-45 minutes at one setting. That’s why I am waiting for the L3’s… I am definitely looking forward to a more relaxed presentation.
Cheers

2 Likes

What source are you using to run the Spring 1’s, maybe they’re source dependent?..They do need a bit of power (not Tin P1 level though) i’ve had no problem with detail with both my Burr Brown chip dac/amps…Maybe something like an iFi Hipdac would be a good pairing if you like a slightly warmer feel to the presentation ?.

Hello Ohmboy! You are probably right, I was using a Sony nw-a45 (I just sold it), and my new-ish MacBook 12" as sources. I do have a new Cowon Plenue D2 on the way. Maybe that will help a bit. What do you think? Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Firstly, Welcome to the HIFi Community! Secondly, nice choice with the L3’s…Mine are also on the way and I am exited to get them going.

Cheers

1 Like

Well, got my L3’s last night, gave them some listening time and like them enough that I went and ordered a custom shell set from Linsoul this morning. (looking at the Clockworks shell just bothers me too much)

7 Likes

These(L3) actually remind me a lot of how I remember the Vokyl Erupt sounding, except way more spacious and with less extreme bass. Still that same, really deep bass I remember them having. I’ll have a Vokyl next week, for further impressions/comparisons.

From all I’ve read about the Vokyl Erupt, that doesn’t sound very promising… Soundstage for days with the biggest V-shape in existance?

I guess I’ll find out how the final version sounds real soon. I’ve only heard the prototype, so that’s where my expectations still are. Will have 4 pads to try, and better cable.

Speaking of hearing about the Erupt… I’ve barely seen any reviews, and no “official” reviews yet, oddly.

1 Like

I preferred the clockwork version to the others. It’s quaint and the transparent parts are just too cool! The fact that it’s the cheapest also helps :lying_face:
I just ordered a portable DAP (Lotoo PAW 5000 MKII) and I’m getting these to go with it. My first experience with IEMs, boys. I haven’t been this excited in a while!

11 Likes

Needs burn-in, but sounds promising. Cant find a good fit with the stock tips, feel like they dont go in enough (giggity) to get a good seal. And a small pull on the cable result them losing any seal what so ever. Perhaps should try foam tips.