šŸ”¶ Thieaudio Legacy 3

Sorry I tried to state it in the post, down down is 0 0 and down up is 0 1. Those are the 2 settings I used.

Agreed the fact a person can tweak it gives it some additional value in my book too.

Yea I still lean blon overall with the wide bore tips, but outside of that yes I rank l3 and blon over starfield personally. It doesnt have an offensive sound to me like the solo tho.

How can a 26 dollar IEM sound this good? Itā€™s mind blowing. I donā€™t think I prefer any one of the three. I love them all.

Iā€™m very excited about the Fiio FD1. I have the FH7. It fits my ears like a glove with no fit issues. If they can get the tonality right, this could be the perfect IEM for me. I love the sound & speed of the beryllium dynamic driver. The FD1 has a much larger beryllium driver.

Like the Voyager 3 I had - one of the cable connectors is quite loose and IEM falls off the cable each time I pull it out of my pocket. Dropped it couple times already due to this. They should really use MMCX or regular 2 pin connectors. Also I find quite unacceptable that there is no info in the box what the dip switches do.

Does anyone know if the Legacy 3 is QDC or 2 pin?

Legacy 3 is 2 pin.

1 Like

Technically both, the stock Legacy 3 is QDC, which does work with regular 2 pin cables anyway, but the custom versions of the Legacy 3 seem to be 2 pin and not QDC.

3 Likes

How long did people here have to wait for their order? I ordered off Linsoul on June 24 and they havenā€™t shipped it yet. Iā€™m paying for express shipping to Canada btw. Really hoping I could get it delivered before July 13

When I ordered my custom shell Legacy 3ā€™s it took about 2 weeks before they were ready to ship, when they shipped (with Express shipping) it took them about a week to get to me.

Other orders I made from Linsoul shipped within a day or two, so I assume it was the custom option that made the shipment take longer.

Yeahā€¦ I didnā€™t get the custom L3ā€™s. Just the basic clockwork one. Hope it can ship soon!

Thanks for clarifying. I have a custom and didnā€™t remember the stock is different.

2 to 3 weeks probably. Iā€™m still waiting for the Mangird Tea to arrive.

I got the Mystique design and mine shipped in a day or two. Could be they had it on the shelf.

1 Like

Thanks for this! I might change my order to the mystique if it means faster shipping.

I love the case that comes with it! I much prefer these to starfields, tapes, and the blon03.

6 Likes

My clockworks non-custom just arrived! Surprised to see that Thieaudio has upgraded the packaging of non-customs to the same packaging as the customs. The case is similar to the case you get for customs which is really great. Overall, theyā€™re great, but the soundstage and overall detail is not as good as the Starfields. Starfields win in my book!

4 Likes

Have You tried multiple dips and tips because they are not as resolving to me because the information is too laid back on the starfields. Unless I listen at really high volumes and the thats a no go for me.

Edit: wasnt trying to be a dick, just wanted to check. I did a back and forth on The Trail to double check after posting this. I think the starfield sound more vast, but I think thats because of the bloated bass when compared and the extra emphasis on room reverb it shoves in your face with that song. I think the drums and vocals are better on the L3(better definition of the vocals without smearing/glare) as well as the fact that the stage doesnt seem claustrophobic, or too large so it has better more natural staging as a personal preference edge too.

1 Like

I can definitely see how the starfields could be laid back, but thereā€™s a smoothness to them that I really enjoyed. But what really got me hooked to them was the large soundstage that really wraps around my entire head. Havenā€™t heard any IEM that was able to pull that off.

I can definitely see the appeal of the L3ā€™s in the bass department, but the highs and female vocals just felt a little bit too sharp and in my face. Maybe I just found out that Iā€™m treble sensitive lol. Overall, I donā€™t think anyone can really go wrong with choosing the L3s or the Starfields, it really just becomes a preference of sound signature.

1 Like

Yea Iā€™m 100% in agreeance, like on the bass setting I think the L3 is just up there in treble, but when you change it to the other treble setting its too sharp for me. Good stuff :slight_smile: