🔶 Thieaudio Monarch II

This is the official thread for the Monarch II

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes

:red_circle: Linsoul Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

3 Likes

Waiting for @hawaiibadboy to give us some first impressions.

1 Like

That new faceplate is fucking sexy. I really didn’t like the original’s look but oof, these I can get behind. Really excited to get some impressions on these.

Edit: Oh shit, they really jacked up the price eh? I was considering these over the MEST (depending on reviews, of course) so I could avoid going into the kilobuck bracket, but they’re right up there now.

2 Likes

Crap. That’s me out at that price then. Would be super interested at OG pricing but thats too rich for me :sob:
Might have to look at the Clairvoyance instead.

I don’t like the front panel! The $ 1,000 price tag is a little high for that. Let’s see the reviews! :no_mouth:

1 Like

Whoa. $270 to adjust a crossover slightly.
I think most were hoping for about the same price if not lower.

3 Likes

Let’s see if they fixed their QC issues. Also, 1k is a steep price, especially considering that IEMs like the Moondrop Variations matched, if not surpassed, the original Monarchs. So the Monarch II need to be a considerable step up from the OGs.

1 Like

I anticipated a price increase with a MKII version, based purely on the apparent onslaught of demand the original twins induced in the community, but yeah…wasn’t expecting them to butt-up against kilobuck range.

Still, showing how sick the prices have been getting for quite some time (truly, unrelentingly so since I entered the hobby 15+ years ago), $1,000 is increasingly becoming part of the “value” or “bang-for-your-buck” segment.

I still have hangups about spending above “nominal” levels on gear that can’t be sourced from US-based dealers, but I’m sure I’ll seriously mull-over taking a chance on the new Monarch.

1 Like

They can charge whatever they want because they know we will still buy it.

1 Like

I was expecting $800 tbh, but at 1k might aswell just save up for the UM mest

2 Likes

The first receivers of the Monarch MKII have shared some photos (from Linsoul’s discord)

11 Likes

@Resolution
Bro I suppose this is your pic?

Sick :+1:

4 Likes

rtrain

10 Likes

That is one chunky boy!

well despite my protestations earlier, the more i thought about it the more i thought…F*!ck it!
Trigger pulled with the help of Zeos’s 5% code

3 Likes

Where is that code?

2 Likes

I wonder how these will compare to the Unique Melody MEST Mk2 as well as the Sony IER-M9

1 Like

MkII ordered with OG in my ears.

2 Likes

The bass and mids are excellent with the MK II but the highs have the same somewhat metallic timbre like the Oracle. With both I wouldn’t have expected that viewing the smoothness of their frequency response in the highs.

3 Likes