šŸ”¶ Thieaudio Monarch II

Did some tip rolling and found the metallic shimmer of the Monarch II to be reduced by tips with a longer and narrower bore. To my surprise the best so far, for my ears, are the double flange tips of the venerable UE TripleFi 10 Pro. They didnā€™t work for pretty much any other in-ear but with the Monarch II they provide a good seal and improve the highs significantly.

1 Like

Well Crin seems to like it as its officially S tier.
Got my set yesterday and this will be my end game set.

5 Likes

What does Crin matter, what level does he set? It is important for you to like it :sweat_smile:

On that basis, why do any of us post or ask the thoughts of complete strangers on a forum.?
His ranking isnā€™t anymore important than anyone elses and is free to be ignored but for some, itā€™s a means of shortlisting a product for potential purchase, particularly so since much of ch-fi isnā€™t available for pre-purchase listening.

7 Likes

Does that mean that if Crin didnā€™t like it, you wouldnā€™t like it? Read other peopleā€™s opinions, most are more objective :wink: .

If crin didnā€™t like it, he wouldnā€™t follow, buy nor listen to the Monarch mkII.
Following/trusting a reviewer us not about being said what to like or not: it is about selecting the products with limited resources (be it time and/or money).

Doing that you may miss the perfect iem for you, but again: one canā€™t test/buy everything.

1 Like

Got it today. Letā€™s see how it compares to Monarch OG

6 Likes

i never base a buying decision on one review(er) but read between the line of all reviews and comments.
I bought mine long before Crin ranked it and i only posted his ranking as an FYI for othersā€¦you choose if its worth anything to you, but just because its not, doesnā€™t mean others wont be interested.
Youā€™re clearly not a Crin fan so why would it even bother you how he ranked something? just ignore him and use those you do like/trust.

9 Likes

I have been listening to them for a couple of days fully.
I am still not to the point of doing a review, I just listened for fun and enjoy it.
All I can say is that it is an awesome set for its price. I have hard time to find a reason to pick up the Legend EVO rather than the Monarch mk2.

I love the fit. I run it paired with the Fiio M17 and added the Liquid Links Venom cable. I love the result.

I will do more A/B tests later on.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to sell my Clairvoyance , like new condition, on Ebay for $525. Are you interested?
[email protected]

Thanks for the offer but iā€™ll have to declineā€¦my Monarch Mkii are my end game and i already have far too many iems.

2 Likes

1st full review i think?

6 Likes

Damn. Quite a glowing review. Headphones.com is also getting this set with their financing options. Getting very VERY tempting.

I pre-ordered from headphones.com today. I have been so content with the IE 900 the past ~5 months. Previously, I was rolling exclusively with hybrid IEMs since early 2014, so getting a resolving single DD with itā€™s utter coherency just floored me. TBC, I am still smitten with the IE 900.

Lately though, Iā€™ve been nosing around for a set with a different presentation. For my typical listening, the IE 900 is great for its unimpeachable bass response and laid-back upper mids (for MY tastes)ā€¦ However, there are times Iā€™d like a more prominent upper mids. I have no appetite to spend at the $2.5K+ levels for the current ā€œTOTLā€ sets, but $1K for the MKII I decided I can do with no remorse as long as they are mechanically sound and of good build quality (I trust the ears that have lauded the sonic characteristics).

1 Like

Well, I joined the club. Been reading a lot of feedback for this IEM and people absolutely adore it, several have said they prefer it to the MEST which was its main competition for me, but this saves me some money. I got to pay monthly for a year to cover the cost, no interest, and that makes it super manageable for me despite that fat price tag.

Now I just have to hope to god that they fit. I donā€™t think I have small ears but still, theyā€™re big boys.

1 Like

According to crinacleā€™s rating list, this is now the best IEM money can buy. Itā€™s so wonderful how far Chifi has come.

4 Likes

Well Iā€™ve had these for a week and thrown every genre from my library at them and I keep returning to one wordā€¦ flawless.
Total end game. (and my bank balance gives a sigh of relief)

9 Likes

How do you like the cable, from a ergonomic and build quality point of view? Iā€™m mulling over getting an aftermarket cable for it on a black Friday pricing, but still kind of reluctant to do so. My wallet has taken a severe beating this month well beyond my Monarch II pre-order, hahaha.

1 Like

Build is fine and ergonomics are OK but the multi plug system is pretty chunky.
I swapped it for a Xinhs copper custom (excellent value for money and looks fab)

4 Likes

Thanks. Thatā€™s pretty much what I was wondering about. In for a penny, in for a poundā€¦ Gonna order a new cable. Screw it.

1 Like