đŸ”¶ Thieaudio Monarch II

Don’t think Crinicle’s rankings are ordered in terms of preference, friend. Save for their associated grades. Meaning the order the S ranks (or any ranks) appear are not necessarily best, 2nd best, 3rd, etc.

However, it does have a two star valuation (which is also independent of grade), and is rated S+ in tone, above everything else. Though I do suspect that price and value plays some part in its S ranking, being the cheapest S rank by $700.00.

1 Like

Value is only expressed in stars in his rankings.

drftr

2 Likes

Damn. Should I get the Monarch MK2 or the Empire Ears Legend Evo?

I am searching for my end game and I am listening to rock & metal.

Need a suggestion here.

@Resolution is a metalhead and calls the MkII “perfect.” Given how many sets he has heard that’s a fairly significant statement. He’s talked about it a fair bit on the Linsoul discord, as have others. That helped me make my purchase decision when I was on the fence about these, so I’d recommend checking that out.

Also the Evo is 3x more expensive so unless you’re rich or something I think that’s a huge deal lol.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind the price of the Evo.

I am searching for my endgame and I would be willing to spend 3k on these IEMs

Tough call unless you’ve heard both sets
doesn’t matter how many sets you’ve listened to until you have both to compare side by side
 @hawaiibadboy ?

Listening to the legend Evo could be possible in the future in my country. Listening to the Monarch mk2 could be difficult because it’s probably only sold through china.

Well if you’re still on the fence for awhile I’ll weigh in with my impressions as soon as I get my MkII. I listen primarily to metal and rock as well.

But obviously I can only compare to what I’ve heard and Evo will never be on that list.

MKII is superior to EVO in every way I O.C.D on
Bass pulls
Kick drums
High hats
Cymbal strikes
Stevie Nicks and the Rumors LP
Male vocal lift (Husk in mid bass)
vocal harmonics in gain region
Hendrix distortion pedals and solo’s

I never rec’d Monarch O.G. to anyone ever. It does not fit my library.
EVO is obnoxious in tuning and price.
I will never rec to anyone.
I’ll rec Monarch MKII a lot though for a long time :+1:

10 Likes

Monarch MK2 is better than Legend Evo?

Really ?

EVO is a $3000 Super V shaped tuned set.
Graphs only tell a part of the story.
It is shouty and the bass is more aimed at bassheads than Audiophiles.

4 Likes

That bass extends wayyyyyy too far out. I feel like that would muddy up pretty much anything I listen to regardless of how “clean” it’s supposed to be.

1 Like

Disgusting tuning. Who would buy EVO? MK2 :boom: :fire: hits it in the ground at 1/3 of the price.

1 Like

Have you looked at reviews rolling in, like Resolve’s review on YouTube yesterday? He places them at the same level as the MEST II for instance. In between the lines I think he says they’re on the border of being shouty though. But for the price

drftr

1 Like

Can someone tell me how the Monarch 2 compares to the JH Audio Roxanne ?

And what about the Mest MK2?

Also the U12T is on my list

10 Likes

I recall you made a thread a bit ago still contemplating about an “end-game” IEM. Yep: https://www.reddit.com/r/HeadphoneAdvice/comments/qqrwnc/which_endgame_iems_should_i_pick/

No offence, but if you have the funds for end-game you should roll the dice on something with a favorable return policy so you at least have a frame of reference for what your preference is. I believe headphones.com has a very favorable 365-day no questions return policy.

We can only help guide you so much. At the end of the day your ears need to make the final decision

Edit: Oh and another thing to consider about end-game is fit and comfort. For instance, the Monarch is generally a large IEM and something like the U12t will likely be considerably more comfortable especially for longer listening sessions. And, of course, fit and comfort is going to be highly individually variable.

3 Likes

Lol yes, that’s my thread.

I am trying to choose between:

• Unique Melody Mest MK2
  • Thieaudio Monarch MK2
  • Empire Ears Legend Evo
  • JH Audio Roxanne Aion

For some IEMs i can’t get demo units sadly

Sadly I am not living in the us.

I am living in Germany and importing headphones from non-eu countries especially from USA is very very expensive because of import tax.

2 Likes

So why not looking at top notch brands that have presence in Germany like Softears, Vision Ears, Lime Ears, InEar, etcetera?

drftr

2 Likes