Tidal Streaming Thread

So I saw an offer from Tidal on my F.book yesterday. 5 months of HiFi for 5 bucks. I bit that lure. Set a calendar event in 5 months to cancel it. But thought I’d let other know that offer is avail.

1 Like

oh wow that’s pretty amazing! I don’t stream, and find all of my music through recommendations but i’ll consider it

Honestly, I think Tidal’s integration with roon is crappy. I failed to log in every now and then. Wonder if anyone have similar connection problem?

I’ve been using Tidal for 3 months now and it is also my opinion that the app sucks compared to say Spotify. Music quality is nice though, I got the 4 months trial for 4 USD. I’m not gonna pay 20 per month for a service that doesn’t even know how to recommend music. Why in the hell would I want to listen to R&B and Hip Hop if I only listen to early 60’s jazz?. If I stay with Tidal will be in another account for cheap. Unfortunely it seems that Amazon and Spotify don’t offer lossless in Spain yet…

1 Like

Quick update: Recently I tried download Tidal to MP3 via AudFree Tidal Converter and then load them into Roon. Working perfect so far. I’m too glad.

Shame that mp3 is lower quality though. Tidal gives you lossless but a converter to mp3 would just make your download the same quality as Spotify

1 Like

Anybody, please recommend alternatives to Tidal… Any solutions, please.

Dumped Tidal about a year ago for Amazon HD never looked back.

Qobuz and Deezer, depending on availability wherever you live.

1 Like

May I ask why?

Nowt wrong with Tidal mate just a combination of little things really…I find Amazon HD more user friendly, their library covers more of what I listen to/search for, not bothered about MQA and am already a prime member :+1:

1 Like

TIDAL News:

TIDAL NORMAL 160 kbps = for free

or HiFi 1411 kbps = 9,90

or HiFi Plus 2304-9216 kbps = 19,90

incl.

Direct Artist Compensation Up to 10% of your subscription goes to the artists you listen to the most

Fan-based royalties
AVAILABLE IN 2022
The artists you stream are paid based on your streaming habits

PS:
Amazon HD kbps rate is ~ 850-3730 kbps

Just got this email:
Great news! You’ve been upgraded to TIDAL HiFi Plus at no extra cost to you.
My subscription expires in a couple weeks and I was looking at other options. This new Plus tier is $20 a month. Yikes. These prices keep going up and up :frowning:

Nope =

Your HiFi subscription will be 9,99 in the future,

19,99 is for HiFi plus

1 Like

Yep, just downgraded to Hifi since I only use CD quality (HIFI).

The email is badly worded though, it’s not an upgrade, just a name change and more features added to the cheaper tier, still getting the same features for $20 / €20.

1 Like

I’m going back and forth with this decision. On the one hand, my cheapass self says twenty bucks is a lot of money for music streaming. The other hand- the one that has ears that appreciate the high quality from Tidal says how can I possibly live without it. Crikey.

Are you using spatial audio / Dolby Atmos or have a MQA capable DAC?

If you aren’t using those features you can downgrade to Hifi and still get lossless CD quality.

1 Like

No and no. Still wanna complain about $120 a year lol.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this just make the “rich get richer” since it’s the main artists you listen to so if you listen to a lot of indie smaller bands BUT also love Pearl Jam (for example) when you’re driving, your 10% now goes to them… Id love to hear other people’s view on this

Yes, even with a subscription account, users can only stream and download music on Tidal mobile app. To play Tidal music out of the app, or transfer Tidal songs to your own devices like MP3 player, USB, etc., you can try this Tidal Music Converter. It can help you download and convert Tidal music to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, etc.