đŸ”¶ Tin P1 - Planar IEM

Becouse small stage ?

Sound stage is a subjective preference. It certainly doesn’t impact negatively gaming.

I won’t debate this any longer. No point in turning this thread into yet another stupid subjective fight on a product not even released.
We will see when they are delivered.

1 Like

Thats ok dont lets talk about it

When you are on the road on a bike, you don’t need good sound quality with a cable and a DAC. You need to CONCENTRATE on the road. A bulky combo of cable+DAP+AMP will add unnecessary hassle and risks.

Get a pair of truly wireless BT earphones. I got myself a pair of $25 QCY T2C and play them at LOW volume so I can hear any danger on the road without the wind noise. They have stable connection and good battery life. SQ is decent, and I won’t break a sweat if I lose them. Leave SQ for before or after your ride bro, not during.

5 Likes

Hey bro I appreciate the suggestion (and concern). Yeah iems while riding is a controversial topic indeed. My reasoning behind it though is the same way that people want to upgrade their cars’ sound system for better sq but not really for serious listening sessions. I totally agree with the sq goes out the window at noisy road conditions that’s why I kind of don’t need the Andromedas level of sq. I’ll check out those BT iems, are they snug enough to be worn inside a helmet? Thanks again :slight_smile:

I own it, as fiio fan
 Trust me it’s very qualitative, as most fiio’s products. And no, I’m not working in Fiio :smile:

It is a pity that the discount code only lasted like 5 or 6 hours. No longer works so full 169 usd and orders made from the 21st (yesterday) will only START to ship on the 10th of July.
Quite a few people upset that Linsoul said that early bird would be from the 20th to the 26th. But they must have sold so many they had to cancel it and also cancel the discount code.

And yes i missed out. I was going to get the Fidelio X2, takstar hf580 or maybe the dekonis. But after looking at the post above yours and watching Z’s review I was “well fuck these sound like they could blow all that out the water. My god look how flat that response curve is. mmmmm. AND THEY ARE 150 DOLLARS FUCKING GIMME”

Then I saw the discount was out of stock and that shipping of all orders now will start on july 10th and I was a bit sad. Unlike some people that are just pissed and saying how linsoul are liars and shameful. It’s pretty cringe but I get it. They are just salty.

So the real question. If these are “omg sex in my fucking ears”
Over ears vs in ears at this price. Am I going to find something better sounding at 200usd over ear. Or are these just going to take a hot shit on them and even make over ears at this price kinda pointless.
Obviously taking into consideration sound characteristics and type. Nobody is going to compare bass cannon headphones to these and say one is better. Well I hope so at least.

I was trying to spread the wealth as quick as possible once I got the email from Linsoul on the day of release. I think it’s obvious they didn’t expect the frenzy that just occurred. There was steady hype building for a couple of weeks and I was fortunate to stumble upon the P1’s when researching other planar IEMs, so I was ready to order early in the morning. I had a bad feeling that shit would hit the fan once Z put up his “thoughts” and look where we’re at.

Yup. I kinda figured it would be one of those too. Pity I was doing ngo work and missed the video upload. Think I saw it like half a day late or something. So everything already well fuckered up.

The complaints against Linsoul are just piling up. More and more people complaining about how the code doesn’t work and that Linsoul should get their act together. I feel bad for the company tbh.
Especially because they are probably between a rock and a wall of salty fucks.
On one hand they could bring back the 149 price on their site until they had originally promised. Thereby losing a shit ton of money. Which would make people happy.
Or they can do nothing and piss off those people and lose reputation with the cheap salty people and create a small bit of bad press.
If I was them I would probably choose option 2 tbh.

I heard from some sites that people contacted Linsoul and asked to apply the coupon after it expired and they got a quick response and the cheaper price.

I think that this might be a case of them just being overwhelmed by the instant success of this yet to be released product based on a few reviews (I was also one of those purchasers :smile: )

1 Like

ah. so we might be able to message them (email i guess) and ask for the lower price.
I will give that a try. Lets see what happens

It’s worth a shot, other than that you can try Massdrop / Drop if you want to wait a month extra for delivery.

Massdrop/ drop is a non options for me and some other people. They don’t deliver to South Africa for 99% of their stuff. On the rare occasion that they do, I would have to pay 70-100 dollars shipping for a small to medium item. So Drop can take a hike.

I bought QCY T2C (also known as model QS2) after reading reviews extensively. I was not sure how this form factor will fit in my helmet and how well I can take care.of them without losing them since they r so small. Hence I chose a budget $25 pair.

Surprisingly, they fit very well in the helmet blocking off wind noise. With TWS earphones your main concern should be connectivity, and this thing rarely skips when they are hidden in my helmet! Sound signature is normal consumer grade boosted bass with not very resolving highs but I call them decent instead of disappointing.

Point to note: No danger of dangling cables, stable connection, decent battery life (2.5hrs+additional batt life from 800mah charging case), decent SQ, CHEAP PRICE (lose them? No sweat buy another pair).

After I reach my destination safely I then put on HD6xx and M1060 to enjoy my MidFi audio. Hope I can give you some inspiration here. Enjoy and ride safe bro!

(Now back on the topic of TinHiFi P1 please
)

I’m relatively new to audio and dont really want to spend that much, I was hoping to use these on my phone, do i really need an amp to use these?

Technically you shouldn’t need to use an amp to power these. And you probably can get them to listenable and maybe loud volumes from some phones.
However a phone will struggle to power them correctly and you will end up with earphones that sound bad.

I would suggest you buy something cheaper if money is your concern. Perhaps the Tin T2 which regularly sells for 23-25 usd now. Very good sound and doesn’t need a lot of power. But you can spend some of your extra money on a small amp, amp dac combo or good portable player that you can use with any earphone or headphone in the future. There are quite a few portable players in the 44-110 dollar price range that are quite powerful and also offer the ability to perform as a desktop dac amp connected to your pc. The Zishan Z3 pro is on the cheaper end of that spectrum. Xduuo, Fiio Ruizu etc also have good options.
If you would like to get better answers you might want to make a thread in the Help form with your budget, what you have currently, what you think you need and what you intend to get out your audio solution.

So yes it appears that if you email Linsoul and ask NICELY, they will give you a “secret” coupon code that will bring the price back down. They did ask me nicely not to share the coupon code. However it is very easy to send them an email at [email protected] and ask nicely for the coupon code.

It is more of a flood control than anything else. They just don’t want a code public that will cause hundreds of sales in a matter of hours. If you have to email them, then it slows the flood enough until they can ramp production.

1 Like

I’ll wait for the AliExpress version of these, there’s no way I’m paying a fortune for the shipping and import costs to the EU. The Chinese are much more pragmatic :slight_smile:

I heard they are great for vocals but for hip hop and edm not so much

1 Like