• Animals
  • The Wall
  • The Final Cut
  • A momentary lapse of reason
  • Delicate sound of thunder
  • …

0 voters

1 Like

My favourite album ever is Dark Side of the Moon. I have owned it since 73/74 when I was barely a teenager. I try not to play it too much to keep it special. :grinning:

1 Like

At first, I wanted to skip this poll. In last 2 weeks Ive went through all of these albums. For me, they stretch from good to a handful of great. The Wall holds the crown - but honestly not fully because of content, but it brings memories of the moment Ive heard it for the first time - and then was playing it for more than half a year, with very little disruptions from other artists… These were good, old times.

ps
and i have no …ing clue why font changes inside the post…

3 Likes

A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Wall are my favorites.

1 Like

Welcome my son, Welcome…to… the machine!

7 Likes

Listening now :+1:

Ah this is a hard one. I like Wish You Were Here the most because it has the highest concentration of absolute great songs, Dark side of the Moon is the most iconic, but for me The Wall takes the crown. The Wall is just an experience from beginning to end. I might be a bit biased due to a particular fantastic concert I attended by Roger Waters a few years back though.
The last time he was here he did some songs from Animals, very Trump-themed of course, and I admit I really got into that album as well afterwards.

2 Likes

I can’t decide between Meddle and The Division Bell (I know, I know. Burn the heretic and so on…)

1 Like

I’ve always been particularly fond of Animals.

5 Likes

Animals and Meddle are probably at the top of my list, follow by DSOTM and Wish You Were Here.

5 Likes

All about Wish You Were Here and Animals for me. I loved and analyzed their lyrics to death when I was in high school. Nowadays Animals lyrics still seem very high school, and kind of interrupt the experience for me more; but musically it is my favorite still. WYWH is my favorite on another day, lol — and the lyrics are pretty great throughout.

3 Likes

This was a tough call. Dark Side takes it for me because it’s the most coherent album as a whole, IMO - and that’s saying something from Floyd’s catalog! I could have easily picked The Wall too, because Comfortably Numb, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, Mother, Hey You, and Empty Spaces - Young Lust are just phenomenal tracks.

@Ohmboy why don’t you just ask me to pick which of my kidneys is my favorite next time! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Preface this with I’m in my 50s, so I’ve been listening to Floyd for a very long time. Current choice is Animals, with The Wall a close second. For a very long time Wish You Were Here was my favorite. But as I got older the heavier themes of my top two hit me in a different way. Musically I love WYWH & Meddle, but lyrical content matters to me.

1 Like

Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

All I’m sayin’.

3 Likes

I didn’t vote for Darkside, but it hands down holds the most sentimental value and I associate more memories with that album. One summer in high school I would go to my friends house everyday after he got off from life guarding and we would blast that on his parents system and get stoney baloney. How we never got the cops called on us i don’t know.

1 Like

The first time I heard PF was with some friends - all of us stoned. The Wall, both discs back to back with no interruptions and very dim lights. Nobody talked. It was mental lol.

1 Like

For me it would be Animals…Dark side of the moon still ranks very highly though, but there is just something about the “consistency” of the Animals album… a bit more coherent than Dark side of the moon.

3 Likes

Golden Gai, Tokyo, Japan

In kind of Moriyama style (actually, taken close to famous Kodoji aka Photographers bar, where regulars have their bottles with their names on…)

2 Likes

The wall is just too freaking long for me

Wish You Were Here is my reference album anytime I add something new to my stereo. I love this album

2 Likes