🔷 Topping D10

Has anyone had problems with the D10 display before? I see the little “pcm” icon in the corner but i’ve never seen the actual numbers light up. Could this be something driver related or just a shitty unit?

Hmmm, it plays audio still and functions as normal correct, but no numbers? What device are you using the d10 off of

Yeah I can hear through it fine (considering it’s my first time using an isolated DAC so i’m just assuming it sounds right), just never seen the numbers. I’m using it with my PC running windows 10

Yeah it looks like the display isn’t working correctly, but the unit should still function fine. I would send it back if it bothers you for a replacement. I haven’t seen this happen with a d10 before

It’s been sitting around a little while now so it’ll be out of the return period, but as long as it’s still functioning fine it’s alright. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Looks better that way IMHO lol.
Especially with the Atom!

I’ll treat it as a feature ;D

2 Likes

I wondered why it was you had the Topping underneath. Then it clicked - better access to the volume knob on the Atom. I’ve just swapped mine around!

This helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Taiss-Aluminum-Electronic-Potentiometer-Knobs,Switch/dp/B07FVLVB55

Yes, have the silver version of those

1 Like

Yeah and because the topping went back further, however I’ve just got home and swapped mine around before reading this lmfao

1 Like

Lol brilliant! I think I prefer it this way round

1 Like

ASR tested the d10 bootleg floating around https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/aimpire-ad10-fake-topping-d10-dac.11244/

1 Like

So I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to those readings, is it that much worse than a Topping? I ended up getting an Aimpire instead of a Topping as a gift and honestly don’t want to deal with returning it and potentially getting another. Should I get a D30 instead or use the Aimpire until JDS Labs comes out with the Atom DAC?

It’s pretty significant how much better a genuine d10 is and I would return it and try again with a real d10 or a d30 or smsl m100

Looking on Amazon for the D10/D30 it’s a complete shitshow for what sellers to trust, so I’m probably going to avoid Topping products for now. If I get an SMSL M100 would it be a downgrade to a genuine D10?

A slight one but people would be hard pressed to hear a difference as they are the same tier of dacs

The m100 is still solid and you know you are getting a genuine product lol

That’s why I always preferred eBay… lol.