Topping D50S dac

The d50s is a pretty great preformer and especially since you are using single ended where it preforms well. Another dac to consider might be the El dac II (slightly prefer it to the topping but IDK if it’s available to you)

El dac 2 is a bit more money and tbh I’m not a fan of its size lol that one makes sense to me when paired with the el amp though… looks like a nice stack

If you intend to buy from Amazon, make sure that the seller is an authorized 3rd party seller by Topping. Aimpire has been making clones of the D10 dac for months and now just this week they started selling D30, A50 amd D50S clones on Amazon.

2 Likes

Yes just be careful, if you get an aimpire just return it

3 Likes

Thanks for this… dilv is the seller I’m seeing on .ca … I’ll pull the trigger

3 Likes

:+1: pretty sweet

2 Likes

so my impressions are this… I think its a fine dac and I think its a worthwhile purchase if you can make use of its feature set… I personally was not and comparing it to the XD05 Plus as a dac I didn’t notice much difference… I didn’t a/b test but based on impressions I feel the dac in the Xduoo leans a tad warmer and separation and space goes to the Xduoo as well… that could be just me wanting to hear that but nonetheless that’s the impression I have (please tell me if you’ve had a different experience with this… I do like to know if our ears lineup)… needless to say I’ll be returning this as it doesn’t suit me

I’m thinking zeos will be reviewing this soon so I’m curious to hear his thoughts (as well as yours)

1 Like
2 Likes

FYI.

2 Likes

I just recently purchased this with the sp200 amp and I’m getting a bit of noise through the USB connection. Is this a common thing with the d50s? Are there any remedies for it or should I hit up topping for a replacement?

So is it constant noise, is it like a hiss or a hum?

1 Like

Constant hiss

Are you powering it via USB power or wall plug power?

Wall plug, but before then I had it USB powered so I went to a wall plug to see if that would remedy it but to no avail

If you have it plugged into the wall, when you unplug the usb from the unit does the noise persist?

no it doesn’t, it happens all the while my PC is awake until it sleeps

That really sounds like a ground loop here, perhaps try using different usb ports and see if that changes anything

1 Like

Sadly I’ve already tried that, still getting noise no matter where I plug into

Hmmmmm. So ground loops aren’t the easiest thing to resolve, do you have another pc or laptop to try it on to confirm? Or just use optical out if you have it