šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

By chance, does anyone know the diameter of the filters for the Olina? I know that they come with spares but Iā€™m curious to try different types.

nope, adding stuff in the nozzle removes clarity but adding bass with the bass boost mod youā€™ll no longer fell the trebble peaks annoying ( our brains averages the whole frequency spectrum, bass boost does not change the trebble but our perception of the trebble is tuned down by our brain to balance with the extra bass)

use regular tape and poke a hole with a needle, no hole =100% bass boost, hole that is as big as the vent hole=0% bass boost, internediate hole size let you tune the bass boost in between

1 Like

New review out:

6 Likes

That has to be the first time I have ever watched a review on any product that made me feel like I was being lulled to sleep by a hypnotist.

5 Likes

Tripowin x HBB Olina - Full review

I heard you guys like long reviews, so hereā€™s mine:

On my thread (HFGF)

Head-fi

Approved. Recā€™d. Loved.

23 Likes

wow , such an amazing writing and review ! made me feel a bit sad i didnā€™t buy the olina , but maybe on the near future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A thing to consider!

I put my money where my mouth is. Iā€™ll buy more Olina sets, so people donā€™t get the wrong idea Iā€™m hyping a free sample. Olina is a beast to be reckonā€™d.

4 Likes

Nice Iberian olive tree, and great review!

2 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s still a baby :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello. Does anyone know how to clean these? They have like a scratch right out of the box. I donā€™t really mind them but I just want to know how. microfiber doesnā€™t work :thinking:
Thank you for the help

1 Like

You might be able to buff that out with some high grit compound. Iā€™m not sure what itā€™s made of though

Like tiny birds in their nest, ready to sing!

1 Like

Hmm youā€™re not the first person to post issues with the resin faceplate. Iā€™d recommend you reach out to linsoul to see what they can do about this. I hope itā€™s not a common QC problem

1 Like

Very Long Video Review, but I watched Until End to ensure that there is no reason for me to be dissatisfied with Olina.

3 Likes

Cal_lando is likely correct . Depends how deep it is.Your auto parts store will have scratch remover.
If its deep, 4000 grit paper first, lightly.

5mm. Yeah different weave densities might get you right where you want to be. Iā€™ve got 2 on the bass - pretty happy with that. For me, the peaks are 100 percent still there, but I resolved to EQ as needed. Good luck

Yeah itā€™s long but detailed. Quick summary:
Pros

• Absolute 100USD benchmark. Amazing value
  • Technical mobsters. Detail, resolution, dynamics, imaging layering, separation, all waayyy above price bracket
  • Outperforms Kato in technicalities
  • He mentions other IEMs that the Olina outperforms based on his library and ears

Cons

• Had imbalance from wax buildup; Oxygen but not stock filter fixed issue
  • May be slightly less musical than Kato

Notes

• Mentions that others say it doesnā€™t sound like the Oxygen but personally hasnā€™t A/Bed
  • Nozzle is short. 2.5 mm length, 5.2 mm diameter (including lip), 5 mm without
  • Tip rec: reversed KZ starlines (white)
  • Mad hats off to @hawaiibadboy for hitting it out of the park with the Olina

Please give my buddy a subscribe and/or a like on YouTube! https://youtube.com/channel/UCfsSr43vniItAonM1zAXXMg

10 Likes

Oh, so the guy is also spot on with me. Iā€™m glad more impressions are chiming up. Markets will tell the tide, and Olina likes to surf :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Just put a Hi-Res Sticker over it. :laughing:

Its ChiFi, they always find a way to screw up one way or another.

1 Like