šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

@cal_lando Not being familiar, in what ways is the Serial so different? (I just
have the Olina.) Thx

For my library I notice the Olina to focus most of itā€™s energy in the upper mids while still have good bass detail and impact (not amazing though) I had to do the Tanya mod on my Olina but that was mainly due to condensation issues.

The serial is a bit of the reverse of this, where it has really good bass impact and amazing bass and miss bass detail, however itā€™s a much more laid back presentation with subdued upper mids and treble. It also have this atmospheric reverberation that works wonderfully for certain music but can detract and muddy busier tracks imo.

Overall for my library (rap/hip hop, pop, reggaeton) the serial is a killer with the right tips.

The Vortex feels more v shaped compared to the other two except it lacks the sub bass of the Serial. Itā€™s got more mid bass and slightly more upper mids and treble compared to the Olina. It never gets harsh for me though. I prefer the presentation on the Vortex vs the Olina but I could see the mid bass being a bit much with certain tips

Thanks, thatā€™s very helpful. I bought the Olina for itā€™s upper mids clarity for
female vocals, jazz and some orchestral and am pleased, including with itā€™s
decent bass response. I also use it for tv watching when my nearby AC is on, lol.

2 Likes

I think you made a great choice for that case!

1 Like

Since I haveā€™nt Y6 paper on hand, I placed a filtrer on the inner vent. That seems to work too :slight_smile:

Yes, just about anything works. You can use regular tape or micropore tape as well.

Hello mates, have anyone faced a channel imbalance problem with olina or get a faulty unit ?
I bought olina cause i never heard about QC issues (100$ is much for me actually due to personal situation and country economy situation).

My olina arrived normal and working right but, after few days of use the volume of the left bud is reduced by 2 to 3 dbs approx. By ear (using channel balance of wavelet).
Immediately i thought its moisture issues but, after letting it for a day to dry in room temp., another day in silica, filters replacement and trying it without filters the issue still exists.
Could it be me somehow ?! (I babysit it actually)
is there anything to try before contacting lensol (AliExpress store) for a replacement?

Note:(The set is amazing, but of course not with destroyed center image and positioning)

Can you try switching the cable just to rule that off?

Itā€™s most likely a faulty unit. @hawaiibadboy

I tried to reverse the cable channels, the left bud (which is the right channel now) still has less volume.

Then itā€™s a faulty unit. Either contact Chris or Linsoul directly.

Also welcome to hfgf. Wish it was in other circunstances.

1 Like

Happy to be with you all sir whatever the circumstances.
Iā€™ve contacted lensol actually yesterday day but they took about 25 hours to reply.
So, i asked here hoping itā€™s not faulty or someone has this problem and fixed it but, i have to wait.
Is the email replies faster than AliExpress store ?

1 Like

Hey bro, sorry you are having a problem. Linsoul was doing some team bonding work for a few days. They should reply quick if you contact them on Discord.

1 Like

Thanks man, i appreciate your care about your set quality.
I will try discord now.

1 Like

Are theese the correct filters and if so does anyone know the difference?
Thanks in advance peeps. Cheers J

C$ 19.91 2%OFF | Tanchjim Oxygen, Hana, oxygen limited Self-adhere Professional Earphone Dust Network Shell Steel Mesh Filter Screen

I donā€™t know if its authentic ā€¦ but with that price isnā€™t it better to just get the tanya??

1 Like

just get the Tanya at that price lol.

Or go for the 500 mesh wbich is close enough.

@hawaiibadboy if I like the presentation of MEXT but want the vocals to be more forward & maintain the less piercing treble would MEST INDIGO be a good choice?

Yes, the MEXT has BA treb v.s quad EST in Indigo.
It is audible to the ear.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I just realized this is the wrong thread :sweat_smile:

Dunu Vulkan, Raptgo or Olina???
Best overall iem