đŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Just ordered the Qudelix 5K and Xinhs 2.5mm cable.
I tried CP145 M with Olina,bit small for me. I remember bought 4 different size of Azla Sednalight till I found the ‘‘right’’ size. Ms too small, ML too big, and M 12.6mm is also a bit small:(
And also my left earhole is slightly larger than my right one. I guess I haven’t found the right fitting still. Going deeper into the rabbit hole :joy:
Also I plan to get a desktop DAC/AMP to upgrade my Dongle(ibasso DC05), so I need 4.4mm cable as well. Does 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter work as well as the 4.4mm cable? How about 3.5 to 4.4?
Back in the days when I was happy with MX375 and everything sounded fine, but now as I stepped into this hobby, sometimes it’s harder to feel satisfied as you always want to try other headphones, IEMs, dongles, filters, cables, DACs, Amps and of course there are speakers and home teathers which I haven’t got to just yet.
It all began when I simply wanted a pair of good IEMs. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful hobby, but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming.

4 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately there’s no getting around haviing to tip roll until you hit the right ones.

Yes a balanced 2.5mm to 4.4mm adaptor will work just fine - I have the DDhifi ones myself and like the fact they are compact and make a right-angled connection. You need to be careful with balanced to SE if that’s what you meant - for example a 2.5mm balanced female to 3.5mm SE male adaptor is ok, but the other way round isn’t.

Edit: interestingly DDhifi now have a 3.5 female to 4.4 male adaptor that is supposedly safe to use, not sure I would want to try it though tbh.

2 Likes

Great, I will try the DDhifi 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter, thanks!

The metal mesh I was talking about wasn’t meant for the Olina, but for my Thieaudio Oracle. Probably not a moisture issue on the nozzles because even if I used alcohol on a q-tip to wipe and help it dry. I always suspected that it was either moisture affecting the drivers or there was something wrong with the drivers themselves.

I’ll have to wait and see if there’s any issue with moisture in my situation with the Olina, hopefully if I’m lucky I’ll get them tomorrow, if not I’ll probably have to wait for them to arrive on monday

1 Like

Condensation occurs due to the original Olina filter. Change the filter, the condensation problem is gone.

1 Like

Finally got my Olina and XINHS cable! Took longer than expected but will take some pics later, gonna do some listening first

1 Like

Guys, since I am switching to this from the Katos I had due to Moondrop’s bullshit excuse of not honoring the warranty of my Kato, what should I expect from the Olinas? Are there any things that are much better than the Kato along with the things which the Olinas cannot compete with the Kato?

I might as well try the double filter mod as well just in case I have enough for the Tanchjim Tanya to get, since it has been the overall consensus to have the double filter mod to be done on the Olinas.

1 Like

I haven’t tried Kato but most people that tried both have said the Olina is a superior IEM overall but it shouldn’t be night/day difference.

1 Like

If that is the case, then I am safe. As much as I love the Katos, it sucks that it had to break in a way that should’ve had not broke it in the first place. Also adding the fact that Moondrop support is shit at honoring my warranty, I am just overall disappointed on them for I love the Kato and the sound signature of it just caters to my overall sound preference. The Chu is probably my final purchase from them, because I am so done with their way of handling QC and support. It’s probably for the best for me, and I hope the Olinas can give me the magic at least as close as the Kato.

I guarantee you that the Olina as delivered is not better than Kato. Once tuned, I slightly prefer the Olina since it’s obviously my tuning preference but the Kato gets blacker than this or the Tanchjims. Preferring one over the other is personal but on strictly a qualitative assessment, the Kato is as good as any of these.

3 Likes

i suggest you to buy the Seek Real Airship. I think it’s better tuning than Oxygen and even Olina. Perfect tuning for Dynamic Driver.

2 Likes

I appreciate the suggestion but right now that best I can do is what the Olina’s MSRP currently. But the Seek Real Audio Airship does look promising and pretty to look at as well might save up for it, but the question for me is that would it be available for me to get or does it have any stock at all? That’s my problem though not yours.

Wish there could be alternatives, as same as the Olina’s price but it would be tough to find one.

2 Likes

I have installed the double mesh mod yesterday on my olina.
For now with the cp145 S, it is so bassy it gets tiring to me. I’ll try and test with cp100 this evening.

I have the feeling the stage has increased though which is strange since everyone says that stage lies in the treble

1 Like

I get the same feeling when using stock bass vs wide tips. they say wide bore should have wider stage but I feel the opposite!
maybe the reason is that I feel the vocals are more focused on bass tips and I can imagine instruments better separated.

1 Like

I’ll give the double-mesh mod a chance today, with spring tips. The tips tend to tame the low end, so it could keep the signature as neutral as I like while taming the upper-mids.

1 Like

Has anyone graphed tanchjim oxygen / hana filters on Olina? These appear available on AE

1 Like

7 Likes

After having casually listened to the modded Olina, I think I like them 
 IF I put spring tips on it, to tame the bass that is way overdone for me otherwise.

Looking at the graph, I think the Tanya filter mod should be the way to go, but I have other things to spend my money on than a set of iem that I won’t listen to.

3 Likes

You could always see if someone could mail you a spare pair or two of Tanya filters; wouldn’t cost more than a postage stamp, I imagine.

1 Like

yes, but is it worth it? I quite like the stock Olina Already; the double filter mod was done out of curiosity than necessity anyway.