🔶 Tripowin X HBB Olina

Yeah exactly.

I don’t think it’ll work on metal because even after using the spray, I see water droplets on the nozzle but filter won’t get wet so it’s fine.
but I’m also not sure if metal mesh gets clogged by condensation…! but AFAIK metal mesh doesn’t tame the sound like fabrics so Olina may become harsh with those.
please don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love Olina and solved the issue for my case. my post was just a constructive criticism for @hawaiibadboy or Tripowin. IMO they shouldn’t think of condensation as a little problem that may occur to a small amount of people. trust me its a very widespread issue for Olina and many people may even don’t notice it. I was just sensitive to channel imbalance and noticed it fast.
fortunately it can be solved easily and I hope next collab won’t have these kind of issues.

1 Like

Just ordered the Qudelix 5K and Xinhs 2.5mm cable.
I tried CP145 M with Olina,bit small for me. I remember bought 4 different size of Azla Sednalight till I found the ‘‘right’’ size. Ms too small, ML too big, and M 12.6mm is also a bit small:(
And also my left earhole is slightly larger than my right one. I guess I haven’t found the right fitting still. Going deeper into the rabbit hole :joy:
Also I plan to get a desktop DAC/AMP to upgrade my Dongle(ibasso DC05), so I need 4.4mm cable as well. Does 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter work as well as the 4.4mm cable? How about 3.5 to 4.4?
Back in the days when I was happy with MX375 and everything sounded fine, but now as I stepped into this hobby, sometimes it’s harder to feel satisfied as you always want to try other headphones, IEMs, dongles, filters, cables, DACs, Amps and of course there are speakers and home teathers which I haven’t got to just yet.
It all began when I simply wanted a pair of good IEMs. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful hobby, but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming.

4 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately there’s no getting around haviing to tip roll until you hit the right ones.

Yes a balanced 2.5mm to 4.4mm adaptor will work just fine - I have the DDhifi ones myself and like the fact they are compact and make a right-angled connection. You need to be careful with balanced to SE if that’s what you meant - for example a 2.5mm balanced female to 3.5mm SE male adaptor is ok, but the other way round isn’t.

Edit: interestingly DDhifi now have a 3.5 female to 4.4 male adaptor that is supposedly safe to use, not sure I would want to try it though tbh.

2 Likes

Great, I will try the DDhifi 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter, thanks!

The metal mesh I was talking about wasn’t meant for the Olina, but for my Thieaudio Oracle. Probably not a moisture issue on the nozzles because even if I used alcohol on a q-tip to wipe and help it dry. I always suspected that it was either moisture affecting the drivers or there was something wrong with the drivers themselves.

I’ll have to wait and see if there’s any issue with moisture in my situation with the Olina, hopefully if I’m lucky I’ll get them tomorrow, if not I’ll probably have to wait for them to arrive on monday

1 Like

Condensation occurs due to the original Olina filter. Change the filter, the condensation problem is gone.

Finally got my Olina and XINHS cable! Took longer than expected but will take some pics later, gonna do some listening first

1 Like