šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Thanks!

I like the double filter mod but feel the bass is a little bloated. Iā€™ve ordered the Tanya so look forward to trying with that filter. Iā€™ve also ordered CP100 tips and a new cable, NiceHCK C24-2, as I find the C16 and C24 exceptionally comfortable, no moulded ear hoops! The C24-2 should looks great with Olina

1 Like

I canā€™t say if itā€™s worth it or not, as like yourself, Iā€™m one if the few that prefers the stock sound. Although a filter mod is cheap, easy and reversible so I donā€™t see hiw it could hurt if youā€™re really curious; Iā€™m content to just tip-roll.

1 Like

If someone is looking to try the Tanya mod in the US I can send a pair a filters in the mail. Just PM me

3 Likes

Just sent you a PM!

2 Likes

thatā€™s exactly that: I am already in the iem rabbit hole and really deep in the tip rolling one, I donā€™t want to fall in the modding rabbit hole too :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know that urge well; aside from trying the double-filter mod on the Olina, I have stayed far away from modding anything for that very reason. I donā€™t think about what Iā€™ve spent on tips, Iā€™m too far gone already.

1 Like

Sorry for the mega noob question. But where do I find out about the mods for the Olina? Like material and steps? Is it mostly just sticking on another filter?

Thanks in advance :smiling_face:

This is the most popular.

3 Likes

no needs to change filters, just let it dry, this is only water from condensation

Not going to lie, this one is also an option to consider and wouldnā€™t mind buying the Tanyas as well. But the fact that I wonā€™t be using the Tanyas if I hypothetically went for the Olinas, is still a waste of money to me, for I want to use the item that I bought as much as I can, meaning it would make sense if I want to use the Tanyas, but never had the plan to.

Also the fact that you have to mod it to make it sound better can be a bit of a turn off to some, I donā€™t mind modding IEMs, but the fact that itā€™s not like that outside of the box is a bit alarming to me, maybe that is just me nitpicking but I am not saying the Olinas are bad, for there are some out there would use it and love it without any mods.

So yeah, had to settle with the Seek Real Airships since apparently they are an improved version of these and I got to thank the guy who suggested this to me on the IEM discussion thread, and I cannot wait for it try it in my ears once it arrives.

4 Likes

Post man was my friend today and delivered me the Tanya, CP100ā€™s and a NiceHCK C24-2 cable. Iā€™ve removed the dual filters and fitted the Tanya filter along with the CP100 tips and the NiceHCK cable. Iā€™m liking what I hear, compared to the dual filters I find the bass slightly reduced but more controlled. Sound is generally cleaner and Sound stage is slightly wider. Listening to ordinary man by ozzy osbourne feels like Iā€™m in the studio. Very pleasing.

As far as the CP100ā€™s and the NiceHCK, these are both far more comfortable than stock although no change in sound to me, as I expected.

3 Likes

I have tried to mod my tanchjim echo by adding an olina tape on top of the original filter.
The aim for me is to make a darker and warmer set out of this tws, as I use it for sports.

I must admit I donā€™t hear much of a difference, sadly. But I switched to cp145 tips (from final e), that should make for a more comfortable set.

Add another filter (the stock ones, they include a few extra pairs) and then add a Y6 paper filter on the inner vent.

2 Likes

I did a shootout on few of my most listened to tracks today between the Serial, Vortex and Olina and honestly the Olina still surprises me!

While the Vortex is better in every aspect compared to the Olina (especially in bass impact) the difference wasnā€™t that big. Definitely not a $120 difference.

The Serial is a different beast all together and has such a different presentation from the other two that itā€™s hard to compare. All three though weā€™re very good and it would be hard to be disappointed by any of them

5 Likes

@cal_lando Not being familiar, in what ways is the Serial so different? (I just
have the Olina.) Thx

For my library I notice the Olina to focus most of itā€™s energy in the upper mids while still have good bass detail and impact (not amazing though) I had to do the Tanya mod on my Olina but that was mainly due to condensation issues.

The serial is a bit of the reverse of this, where it has really good bass impact and amazing bass and miss bass detail, however itā€™s a much more laid back presentation with subdued upper mids and treble. It also have this atmospheric reverberation that works wonderfully for certain music but can detract and muddy busier tracks imo.

Overall for my library (rap/hip hop, pop, reggaeton) the serial is a killer with the right tips.

The Vortex feels more v shaped compared to the other two except it lacks the sub bass of the Serial. Itā€™s got more mid bass and slightly more upper mids and treble compared to the Olina. It never gets harsh for me though. I prefer the presentation on the Vortex vs the Olina but I could see the mid bass being a bit much with certain tips

Thanks, thatā€™s very helpful. I bought the Olina for itā€™s upper mids clarity for
female vocals, jazz and some orchestral and am pleased, including with itā€™s
decent bass response. I also use it for tv watching when my nearby AC is on, lol.

2 Likes

I think you made a great choice for that case!

1 Like

Since I haveā€™nt Y6 paper on hand, I placed a filtrer on the inner vent. That seems to work too :slight_smile:

Yes, just about anything works. You can use regular tape or micropore tape as well.