đŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Yeah, though for me it’s only for the Oline, my Oracle has a stainless steel screen so it’s not gonna work for that apart from general earwax cleanout.

And at least it’s faster than leaving it in desiccant overnight or days for a minute of interruption

1 Like

I use Tanya filter and it does repel water. Also I added 300 mesh on top of Tanya and like it better than double stock Olina mesh. The 300 mesh was getting moisture after an hour listening. Applied this water repellent and it’s all good now. Water beads up around the edges near the metal nozzle, but mesh filter stays dry.

3 Likes

I second that. Water repellant spray is a very good (and cheap) solution. I use it + double mesh mod and the issue is fixed. as Zeus said, water beads up around the edges but filters stay dry.
PS: I use a different brand of spray but it’s basically the same thing

2 Likes

Its not really a Mod. Its a simple filter swap. Or adding a filter thats already included in the Olina box for those less adventurous.

3 Likes

Do you think the Olina can be overdriven ( kill the drivers ) from a source more than 100mW ? According to Linsoul, yes.

1 Like

I don’t think many people would chose to go over 100mW even if the source can provide it, you’d naturaly limit the volume - thus the power - and you’ll be fine.
I use Olina on my BTR3K balanced output which can be maxed @ 80mW but I really can’t set it to max. It’ll be SO UNCOMFORTABLY LOUD.
But thanks for the heads-up.

2 Likes

Hi! Two questions.
How I put double nozzle on O lina?
Best tips? I would have a little more bass.

@Roberto_Enther If you mean extra filter, this will help. I use cpm100 tips and get a good seal/bass.

Olina / IEM damper replacement DIY How to - YouTube

Just stick one of the filters that come inside the box on top of the already applied one. You have one on top another = double filter

1 Like

@nymz Hahaha! Much more succinct than I. Moral
just listen to the expert, lol.

1 Like

OK. I thought it would be a bit more complex. What exactly does it do to put two filters?

Tames treble/upper mids = more bass = more relaxed = more 3D

Yes the mod is pretty easy and the only reason I rec it. Im not a mod lover tbh

5 Likes

Thank you, I will definitely try it.
The Olina will come with me again. The Timeless is definitely broken. So I’m between the TRI meteor or the Olina (for now) cheap option.

If you’re looking at Olina vs Meteor, skip Meteor and look at Starsea instead. For a little more, you get 4 for the price of 1, in terms of tuning and you are not sacrificing technicalities compared to Olina

1 Like

If you’re looking at Olina vs Meteor, skip Meteor and look at Starsea instead. For a little more, you get 4 for the price of 1, in terms of tuning and you are not sacrificing technicalities compared to Olina

1 Like

Thank you. One more to the list.
It’s going to be between that recommendation, Olina and if I see a good offer Cannon. I’m not going to spend more given the evolution of the market. Sorry, I put it in Spanish.

As I said in the nymz thread, I already have the oh10, the Olina and the Timeless. I’ve managed to fix it and temporarily it looks like it’s going to work for me.

I will update the corresponding iem thread.

OH10 VS OLINA

It’s still early days. Both sound natural. Maybe a bit more the Olina but I feel the OH10 is more immersive.
I feel the bass is getting louder and louder in the Oh10. As if the driver is waking up.
I’ll keep testing, it’s still early days. Tests with EDM (Oliver Heldens, Sofi Tuker
) indie pop from my country, Michael Jackson will not be missing, Bruno Mars and a lot of ambient and classical music (usually my favourite genres).

So I’ll sum it up for you. In Hans Zimmer’s song “Why so Serius” I feel that Olina is trying to express the film in a summer cinema with your girlfriend next to you and the Oh10 in the Dolby Theatre. I’m not saying that one is much better. The Olina shows the tender, expressive part but I feel the Oh10 is clearly better here.

2 Likes

The new version in black with the turtle was the one I was waiting for hope the price stays solid !

1 Like

Same as OG. :v: :notes:

6 Likes

Is there any modification in new version to prevent condensation issue??
or it’s just a new color?

1 Like

The retune method involved killing that issue with fire. It was a kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda deal.
Idea was born from Moondrop Snow. I got a DM asking what i thought about tweaking Olina tuning and jumped on it because I prefer less intense treb and doing that involves fixing the condensation issues some had

Saying that, Aria, CHU, and many metal shell sets that sell a lot seem to have some of same probs.
If you sell 300 of something you may not get that feedback.
You sell over 5000 of anything and you get a bigger sample size and all that goes with that.
I think folks who have that issue may run into it more than once and people like me who never do
never will.

4 Likes