šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

HBB said it will be a different tuning than just the olina mods. I do hope the condensation issue is fixed though.

1 Like

These things are fucking amazing!

3 Likes

Welcome to the club.

7 Likes

My Bad, then :slightly_smiling_face:

I really dig the shell image, so letā€™s hope the tuning will be to my taste.

1 Like

HBBs early impressions of Olina SE if you are interested and didnā€™t see it yet.

Hello, does someone know where to buy the same tips that were delivered with the olina? I am specifically looking for the wide bore ones. I lost one tipā€¦ I tried to replace them with spinfits , kbear07, and other generic tips but nothing sounds as good as the OG short wide bore tips in my opinion. Thanks!

2 Likes

Try contacting linsoul maybe they can help.
Also have you tried BGVP W01?

Iā€™ve tried everything and asked linsoul. Sorry.

Closest would be W01 or azla light short. I recommend the first due to price.

1 Like

Thanks! sad that they canā€™t be found separately,Iā€™ll look into those options. Hope they sound similar though.

Today I was playing with PEQ and dayum these things respond very good to EQā€¦!
I was listening to some R&B songs and I felt Olina lacked some low end for this genre and I actually preferred my CRAā€¦!
But then I tried this PEQ and oh boi these things can slam ā€¦!
LSH 100Hz +5 Q:0.5
Preamp: -5
( I didnā€™t want to change uppermid area cuz I like it as it isā€¦!)

6 Likes

are you using Q5k?

Just inā€¦

14 Likes

Nope I use PEQ in Poweramp. or apo on PC

1 Like

Nice!!! :turtle: :notes: :ocean:

I hate you :frowning: Mine still in france, according to tracker. Snail mail kills my soul :frowning:

How you liking it?

Bit of a bump to my previous question, hopefully someone can answer

1 Like

Iā€™ll believe this is what you wanted OG to sound like. True enough, Iā€™ll soon be at Ko Olina digging my OIinaā€™s, then spending some time on the Big Island! ā€¦If only the turtle was mother of pearlā€¦

3 Likes

Didnā€™t know you were an island boy. After some golfing at ko olina sit your okole down and enjoy some jams. Big Island is dope. I wanna sell my cribs on Oahu and retire near Hapuna beach, :ocean:

2 Likes

Quite a bit. These surely have a place for my libraryā€¦I had the OG and initially gushed ā€¦but as I dug further , I realized the mods were necessary. They fixed the issues, BUT, itā€™s hot and humid here , I also am hot and humid and nothing was sticking, so I found a better home for them.
Timbre is the first thing that comes to mind with the SE, probably the second and third as well.
These are more balanced , therefore, more believable than the OG, for my tastes. I went through a bunch of tips, and to my surprise, foams are magic here.
Iā€™m someone who utilizes sound field processing and eq, but if I need more than a couple db , Iā€™ll rethink the purchase. I found a sweet spot adding a touch of bassā€¦these are keepers.

7 Likes