šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

I have a set of cp100ā€™s and didnā€™t really change all that much.

I donā€™t think so. Iā€™m only familiar with 3 of those and they are all bad heavy. If you are looking for prominent bass then you will probably be unhappy with the Olina. Olina has a much more balanced signature and excels on resolution and vocals imo. There is bass but itā€™s more subdued. If Iā€™m looking for something that slams the Mele would be a better option.

Speaking of Mele, I feel like a broken record saying this but I had a similar experience with veiled high end. Removing the filter and adding some light foam or paper in the nozzle really brought those to lif for me.

2 Likes

Olina has quite treble, compared to t3+ is like go through 720p to 4k. Sometimes i think is a bit too much treble for my taste. Bass is enough for me, iā€™m on the analitical side.

3 Likes

Sounds good. Have any other iem or headphone that wound sound similar? I hear good things about vocals but do they have body and impact to make male voices realistic?

Moondrop spring works well too. Good seal and better fit imo.

CP145 opened the treble in my case. Recently, I checked Whizzer SS20 and found its really good for Mele as well. Its dumping and cleaning bass a little bit and enchanting soundstage and treble.

Moondrop Spring are too small for me.

I need at least 12.8mm size for acceptable seal.

1 Like

Started using the springs on all my iems. Best tips Iā€™ve tried

2 Likes

Comfort-seal wise they are unmatched, but they kill low frequencies a lot and make them unusable in my case for all my sets (which all are not very bass heavy in general). So I am not sure how would they work with Olina

Hello All

I just purchased tin t3 plus last month and I really enjoy them. I was thinking of saving upto something like the Kato/Timeless or even the latest shouer s12

Will the Olina be a big noticeable upgrade from the tin t3 plus purely on technicalities aka I will really feel this as a big upgrade ???

1 Like

Got t3+ too. Olina is quite better imo.

6 Likes

@Jazzdoit Can you be more specific re Olina vs t3+ ? I listen to mostly Classical, light jazz, and a lot of female vocalists. Thanks

1 Like

Then Olina will fit your library perfect. T3+ sounds fine for rock/metal/popā€¦ but Olina technicalies are quite better, i fell the image wider and timbre more precise, treble is in your face (a bit too much to me)for jazz, classical,vocal, soft music etc is an upgrade definitely.

6 Likes

@Jazzdoit Thank you, thatā€™s very helpful, as I have been considering both. Timbre is extremely important to me. Another mark in the Olina column, lol.

1 Like

Cover the hole vent with mesh/filter can it reduce the treble a bit? Have you tried this tips for slightly increased the bass?

Olina rocks this genres, jazz and classical are my fav with olina :love_you_gesture:timbre is good!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been able to test it yet. a lot of work these days and little rest.

10 Likes

Just saw the same thingā€¦ you beat me to the punch!

I hope no one falls for this. I believe someone here was able to get them on Amazon and delivered in less than a week!

4 Likes

I love that theyā€™re trying to recoup taxes, shipping, and then someā€¦ but their ridiculous price doesnā€™t even factor in the taxes eBay will add to the buyer. These are over $180 delivered to NC for example.

2 Likes