đŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Just replaced new filters, 4.4mm balanced noir cable and I can hardly hear them, they sound awful , left iem is so low and distorted.Tried stock cable, Mele cable and others, all no good. Mele sound as good as they always did as with all my iem,s. It seems my Olina’s have broken !!! WTF Apparently Linsoul will not help me with this issue, any suggestions from anyone please

let it dry near a source of heat to make sure it is not a condensation problem inside (there is a white mesh on the inner side of the front vent that could be clugged with water, see photo here : https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/11706972_thumb.png )

1 Like

Great, thanks!

Thanks amanieux, currently near 24 degree radiator, will try again in an hours time

Has anyone added the second filter on the nozzle and also one on the vent at the same time? Thinking about trying it.

The failure rate seems a bit high to me, but I’m not in manufacturing.

Anyway, failure rates are not THAT important: nothing’s perfect and everyone do mistakes. What is important is how you handle the feedback and manage these failures. Clearly the Chinese (or at least the chifi companies I witnessed) have a very long way to go on the subject. In the other hand, you Chris are a golden person, really: few people would be as invested as you, even if their image is at stake too.

4 Likes

I have and it was very boomy to me. I didn’t like it as I felt it started to bleed too much into the mids

2 Likes

Who has taken the blind test at the end? For context, Dan plays a song recorded with 5 IEMs and asks you to identify which is which and also rank based on your preference. Your result may surprise you! Reminds me of the blind tests online to check if you can hear a difference between different lossless formats

I did! I ended up with 1 >= 3 = 4 > 5 > 2 which really surprised me

1 Like

i love blind tests , they are fun and are an efficient placebo killer, my rating was 1=best,5=worst, we’ll see if there are surprises
update the iem correspondance with number were not in the video but are in the video script you have to click to see it so for me OH10 was my first choice and LEA was my last choice, which confirms i prefer warm exciting W sound signature, which is why i prefer modded onlina over stock.

• by the my poll show i am in the minority group here because the clear winner of the poll is stock olina, which also makes sense as audiophiles (which i am not) seems to prefer bright neutral sound signature
2 Likes

I also did the blind test, Dan replied I got 100%. Listened through HD58x.

olina modified > OH10 > Olina stock > Leah > Dusk

4 Likes

I did not get 100% haha. I swapped Lea with Dusk - I consistently thought Dusk sounded pretty subpar compared to the Olina and OH10 during Dan’s review. Might be a recording artefact perhaps.

My preference was OH10 = modded Olina > Olina > Dusk = Lea. Makes sense as I like the extra bass and note-weight from my O2, which I guess sounds a bit like OH10 (maybe bit less midbass)

Surprised this hasn’t been shared yet:

Thank you @Tonytex_Teixeira for the excellent review!

9 Likes

Interesting that most people here had Olina combo/OH10 in the top of the pack with the Dusk and Lea at the bottom. I was quite surprised that the Dusk was bottom of the barrel for me. I didnt like it on any of the recordings. The OH10 definitely sounded more open to me compared to the Olina. Ive always been tempted by it but the treble and weight have made me hesitant

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think the holographic character gets captured very well in this type of rig. I could tell closed in vs less closed in, but not the nice staging you get in real life with the Olina

I had the OH10 as well as Olina and the Variations all at the same time. The modded Olina was VERY close to the OH10 with the OH10 being a little more spacious with a bit more slam and rumble as well, but again superrr close and I prefer the Olina fit and weight so much more that I retuned the OH10. The Variations fit is horrible and for my playlist is nowhere close to being 5x better than Olina, if really at all. I have the Audio Hekili on the way as well as LetShuoer S12 so curious about them.

I liked the 7hz timeless quite a bit but can not stand mmcx connectors.

8 Likes

Thank you for the support and share🙏

6 Likes

I’m curious about the Hekili as well. Hoping that you share your impressions when you get them.

2 Likes

Sure will! Hoping I like them as they’re Linsoul only, so that return policy isn’t great, and of course I believe they’re mmcx but that is what it is I guess.

2 Likes

A friend has it and loves it. He also loves every other iem he owns. Yes, mmcx and appears to be the same cable they used on Lokahi.

1 Like