đŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

mmcx needs to die :joy: I hate it with a passion :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

A-FRICKEN-MEN my good sir

2 Likes

Bought two, one for my sister’s birthday present, one for me.

I loved stock olina but on high volume has unbearable treble, decided to do double mesh but read somewhere about the mesh direction has to match left-right etc etc. Took macro pic of mesh and didn’t think the direction matter.

After double mesh, I miss the treble sparkle. use Radius Deep Mount tips and some of the sparkle is back and bass has more quantity and texture, but regarding bass I think it’s because I have better fit on RDM tips. Undid the double mesh, because it loses what makes this IEM so special, tip rolling didn’t help much. So I’m back to stock olina.

RDM tips rolling also can fix the subtle nasal voice timbre, now it sounds without the nasal voice.

Listening to this reminded me of my Alessandro MS1i, but from memory, MS1i is not as smooth, sound a lot more open (obviously), more fun for rock music, but isn’t as flexible as olina for lots of genre. I think both has musicality, roughly same resolving ability and separation. Not a good comparison I know but can’t help it :laughing:

Thank you HBB and people recommending this gem. It scales up good on better gear.

11 Likes

Glad you like :notes: :musical_note:
Yeah mine plays great off an ADI 2 DAC fs

3 Likes

My Olina arrived yesterday, today at work i don’t speak to anyone - just music and work :slight_smile:
It sound amazing with Fiio UTWS5 witch has slight warm sound signature.
Awesome work!

6 Likes

TRIPOWIN X HBB OLINA is a clone!
That’s been very much the first thing that comes up when the name Olína is mentioned.

Well let me contextualise the OLINA:

1. It’s the second full on product developed my renowned Audiophile/ Influencer/ Reviewer HBB
    The first was the Mele, with which the OLINA shares some DNA.
  2. The OlĂ­na has been from the beginning
    promoted as using the same 10mm CNT dynamic driver and similar tuning to what I believe is still the reference single DD at any price point - Tanchjim Oxygen!

The Tanchjim O2 is known for a coherent tonality, mids which are perfect in reproduction of instruments and vocals, perfectly textured bass with enough Sub-bass and Midbass to make music engaiging and well executed technicalities.
These are all caracterĂ­stics that the Olina is claimed to have and perhaps even improved upon!

My listening was done using my Tri TK2, Topping DX3Pro, Topping NX7 with Abigail as a DAC and Qudelix 5K, while my music selection contains varied genres.( link will be posted for your viewing )

The listening and comparisons where done with an all-stock Olína, but I also experimented with what is known as the “Shortbus” mod, more on that later.

Upon first listen what immediately strikes you is how the midrange is clean and highlights details and textures very well. The vocals are crisp and full of life.
Male and female voices have a sense of precense that’s quite realistic, although there is a negative to all this energy, that being that although it scales very well I found female voices loose their composure and can become borderline harsh when the volume is pushed!

Mind you this is something that also effects the Oxygen, but to a lesser extent and once again in both cases with really high volume levels.

Treble extension gives us an ample amount of air , with very good 3D detailing.

Lastly bass is mostly sufficient, it’s got excellent quality and only the sense of quantity is sometimes lacking, but in my opinion I think it’s down to the over energetic midrange, which masks the bass slightly.

Some instruments can also suffer from that over energetic feeling when the volume is higher.

Soundstage has good dimensions, although the focus is on the width, while imaging is nothing short of sharp shooter precision, with detail retrival being equally amazing!!

The not so favourable aspects of the Olina are that vocals energy levels can occasionally push them to the point of being harsh, with the additional aspect being that upper-midrange can sound unnatural and timbre be off.
As mentioned bass quality is good but not as defined as O2, with quantity also being somewhat less, rendering certain instruments thin and without the body needed.

So how does the Olina compare with the likes of TinHifi T3 Plus , Mele, Aria, Kato, Hana 2021, BQEYZ Autumn, GS Audio GD3A!
In stock form it can outright beat some of the above and give others a good run for their money.
That in itself is already a feat, but enter the “ShortBus” mod ( dual noozle filter as opposed to single. Use included filters )
which elevates the OLINA to a whole different level.
Gone 
well tamed, is that excess energy found between 1.5k and 6k , bass has more body
more fullness, overall edginess of the presentation is gone, and what is left is an Olina that gives the Hana2021, Kato, BQEYZ Summer a real challenge, beating some of the aforementioned Earphones in certain instances, closing the gap to the Oxygen and thus standing firm ground as a true and unquestionable choice, especially due to its price.

As always keep in mind that these are my findings based on my musical preferences and ear anatomy.
Anyone of you may listen and find different positives and negatives, but one thing cannot be denied, it’s a well engineered, well executed earphone that will please those that like forward and bright vocals, while being able to perform a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde number and give some of the established names a good wake up call
ohhh Oxygen still reigns as the champ!

Looking forward to what HBB can come up with next!

19 Likes

Loving the olina so far - first 100 buck iem for me. Great stuff HBB, Love from India.

8 Likes

Thanks for trust :pray:
Much love from Hawaii via Japan :beers:

2 Likes

Where did you get your UTWS5 from?..been after a set but everywhere is out of stock!

1 Like

Why people always forget NF Audio NA2 + (169 $). I’m sure it technically beats most of your list and competes with DD up to about $ 500 :slightly_smiling_face: . Just saying

2 Likes

mp3store, audio shop in Poland.

1 Like

I’ll compare it with the NA2 Plus. Thank you for the reminder

Same here! I’ve got the 3 which is nice but need that 5!

Never heard of those? What’s the sound signature like on them if you don’t mind?

2 Likes

Appreciate you!

1 Like

U will love the S12, my fav so far out of my 3, olina and FD3

3 Likes

Agree. S12 sounds great.

2 Likes

I am really curious to hear about that one.

I really like the S12, and it has a similar treble profile to the Olina. I find it to be an interesting middle ground between the Olina and Timeless. Not everyone is nuts about the timber from planar IEMs, but it is right up there with a good DD for me.

3 Likes

Ya i’m finding certain songs sound better on ea.