šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

I finally have a delivery date on mine! Should be here on Saturday and Iā€™ll be immediately trying them out. Iā€™m coming from stock Olina at this point.

Also, has anyone had luck with a tape for the front vent? I used an Olina filter and it rubbed off in a couple of weeks

1 Like

I use a Y3 tuning filter and it hasnā€™t come off yet:

Hmm interesting. How many hours have you put on since you added it? I also think part of my problem was that my Olinas sit pretty deep in my ear so my ear rubs the front vent. Im hoping I donā€™t need the front vent mod once I do the Tanyaā€™s though

These have pretty good adhesives on them. As a rough rough estimate, 60-80hrs? I use almost every day, for a few hours per day. I have the Tanchjim filter mod + front vent mod. I tried to get the Olina to sound as close as possible to my O2, which seems to be the warmer variety, so Iā€™ve done both mods.

2 Likes

I might have to check those out if my Olina ones fall off again

My front vent filters donā€™t last long either. Once you know youā€™ve got it right, it would be easy enough to secure with some clear nail polish etc. I havenā€™t tried but how difficult is it to get inside by removing the faux stone? Back side filter add would solve this. Replacement caps would be cool.

Huh, interesting. I just put some new ones on today (not because the old ones were detaching, but because I wanted to try no vent filter mod again), so I can tell you how long it lasts. Mind you, the old Y3 filters were still sticky and I needed to work a bit to detach it.

1 Like

Different filters and ears geometry may be whatā€™s happening. For instance, I never had a condensation issue and others have.

1 Like

is there someone willing to sell me a pair of tanya filters for my olina ( i am in france and i can pay via paypal) please send a private message to not add bulk to the thread. thanks

You could also buy some 4.5 mm 500 mesh filters as they are considered to be close enough, as far as I know.

2 Likes

thanks but do they also fix the condensation issue ?

I think your best bet to fix condensate issue is to get a metal mesh. they donā€™t get clogged as easy

Only heard from one trusted person saying that the Tanchjim filter helped resolve the condensation issue, so heed with a grain of salt.

So I got more filter values the other day. tried all the options and Iā€™m staying with 250 over the stock filter and 250 over the vent. It was odd, I tried 200 over front vent and it sounded underdamped so instead of less bass, it just had less rhythmic bass and sounded more bloated. I really think 250 is the sweet spot for both. Like this, I absolutely prefer them to the oxygen I had but I likely had the low bass version so ymmv.

4.5mm 250 mesh

I have the condensation issue pretty bad with silicon tips and stock filter. My Tanyaā€™s came in on Friday and so I have tested only a bit but with the stock filter and Final E tips I would get condensation in about 30-60 minutes while sitting at my desk. I tried the same setup with the Tanya filters for about 30-45 minutes and no condensation. I am going to test more as I tip roll (The Final Es donā€™t sound great with the Tanya filters imo) and Ill keep this thread posted

2 Likes

Quick update (FYI: @amanieux ): Listened to my tanyafied Olinaā€™s for over 2 hours today with the narrow bore tips from the Tanya and no condensation. Also the ear tips sounded the best out of all the silicon ones I have and donā€™t get slick like my Final Es did! I also tried the wide bore tips that came with the Tanya (about 40 minutes on those) and some sennheiser tips I have that have the cross section in the bore and a light wax catcher (about 30 minutes on those. No condensation in any of those situations.

6 Likes

Using my warm source, I prefer default Olina (w/o any mod). It had great vocal texture and I can feel the emotion of the singer. The vocals are rendered upfront while the instruments are behind. I prefer that way. Trying the Tanya mod, it tamed the upper-mids and I can listen to much louder volumes. Though doing the Tanya mod has advantages, it also gains drawbacks (using my warm source).
Advantage (warm source from my experience):
-more realistic vocals and stage
-can listen to higher volumes
-more enjoyable
-more slam
Disadvantage (warm source from my experience):
-separation decreases (cramping is noticeable)
-the vocal texture decreases
-the feeling of emotion also decreases
-imaging (of sparkles) decreases
-the sparkles that I loved are not highlighted anymore :frowning:
-the slam felt forward [for me] (I just want it laid back to increase the feeling of soundstage)

I also tried the Tanya mod with the neutral source:
Advantage (neutral source from my experience)
-so much better (than using the default filter)
-now listenable while on the commute
-more note weight (than the original)
Disadvantage (neutral source from my experience)

• though it has more authority than just using the default filter, I think it still needs 1-2 notch more

Iā€™ve been missing the default filters for a while but because of modding (btw I donā€™t like the short bus mod because it lacks airiness for my taste), I dumped every single one of the original filters and now I just have the Tanya filters. Does someone know where I can buy original filters of Olina or at least a copy of it?

5 Likes

I think Linsoul sells them. Btw I would rec tip rolling with the Tanya filters. It helped me a bunch

@amanieux maybe you can swap some of your Olina meshes for his Tanya meshes?

I just looked at the Linsoul, they only sell the mele filter. The filters are smaller in diameter compared to the Olinas. I wish they sell one for Olina:(