šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Maybe Iā€™ll pass from this. Iā€™m from the other side of the world. Itā€™s a hassle given the situation of this pandemic to ship things to other countries. I also think Iā€™ll get killed with the shipping fee.

does anyone know which mesh no. is closer to the original filter of Olina?

4.2mm 250?

After a couple of days of listening I gotta say the combination of the Tanya filters and tips have taken the Olina to a whole new level for me! Listening to them just puts a smile on my face every time. I actually am excited to start work cause it means I can jam out for hours while I do stuff haha. Also I have not suffered any condensation issues with the new setup which had been amazing in itā€™s own right. Now I just gotta figure out how to stop them from disconnecting from 2 pin adapters.

5 Likes

I see #271 hasnā€™t been claimed yet. It is listed on German ebay I think. A friend is buying it. When he does Iā€™ll urge him to share.

1 Like

Final mod for Olinaā€¦why not as i am probably set for a while longer before buying anything newā€¦

Got the grey S12 after long waitā€¦tried initially feels little harsh may need burn inā€¦then changed Tripowin Altea pure copper cableā€¦now much better planar sound on S12 with CP145ā€¦

What doni do with stock S12 cableā€¦put it on Olinaā€¦oh my god it is a perfect matchā€¦this spc cable brings out bassā€¦you dont need any mod apart from i changed stock filter for 1 Tanya filter thats alllā€¦using stock wide bore tipsā€¦bass is now excellent slam and all other frequency is just perfect.

Now with this Olina and S12 may not need another iemā€¦true endgames.

10 Likes

Is the 250 mesh just similar enough or that is the exact mesh no. of the original filters?

I was planning to change cables when I bought S12 but canā€™t bring myself to de-attach them :smiley:

4 Likes

Whoever is saying cables dont change sound muchā€¦i agree on digital sources or ampsā€¦but it is more evident on my Xduoo MT604 hybrid tube class A ampā€¦it is something special that this wont like SPC cable at allā€¦very muffeledā€¦that is where pure copper cable sounds correct. I tried pure silver, spc etc on them but so far only pure copper works great on MT604. My BLON BL01 still shines on them and after all my highend iems like 7hz, S12, Olinaā€¦bl01 is still my textured basshead set but only with mt604 amp fed by xduoo link2 bal. Thanks.

1 Like

I think youā€™ll find that many SPC and silver cables sound different from one another as well. The Olina cable is just dark sounding but I have other SPC that are on the bright side of neutral. Best to judge then individually even if they tend to have some character leanings.

Original filters are at least twice that value. The 250 would be top stack on top of the original or place over the front bass vent next to the nozzle.

1 Like

Glad you love them but I guarantee you that the game is still on, LOL.

1 Like

Closest would be 500 4.5mm but I doubt it will be an exact value match. It will be a hair smaller but will work fine.

1 Like

Yesā€¦that is why even i got 2 blon bl01s still ordered one when i see it listed for $14 recently on keephifi websiteā€¦just incase it will be out of production.

You can see mixed reviews for bl01 on headfi but my experience aligned withthe below. He compared bl01 to sony ierz1r to be close if amped properly and even if i did not hear sony i will say this something special especially with mt604ā€¦thia is my goto iem even if i heared 7hz, s12, etc.

Baby Metalā€¦
Where is GOD Emperor???

2 Likes

kingslayer ft babymetal hits different

Sorry off topic :pensive: Not my normal jam but fuck Z1Rā€™s are likeā€¦

2 Likes

how can you tell if there is condensation??

I could see it on the rim of the nozzle and the filter. It was like little raindrops

1 Like

how to tell if you experience condensation : if you sweat a lot like during a jogging, sound will shut off almost completely on one side, if you stand still many hour it is gradual and you will end up noticing lowered volume forcing you to raise power on your source or a balance shift (central voice singer is no longer in front of you in the center but slightly on one side) due to lowered volume on the side most clogged with water. i really hope hbb will identify a good solution (metal mesh or aquaphobic mesh that maintains the best sound possible) and sell it to olina users who ask for it for a few bucks

2 Likes